Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath

I'm surprised no-one's started a match thread for today's encounter but nevertheless: here we go.

The last time we took on Cowdenbeath at Ochilview we were thoroughly bodied, quietly going down 3-0 and showcasing some of the most half-hearted defending I've seen from the Warriors this season. I don't think we've turned a corner just yet but we've collected seven points from our past four matches (embarrassingly, this is our best run of form this season). I'm looking forward to the match, if only to see the array of attacking options we have available to us - how do you fit Greig Spence, Botti Biabi, Mark McGuigan and Gary Harkins into two forward spaces? - and to see if we can build on last weekend's clean sheet at Annan Athletic. Our defending has let us down all season and I wonder how we'll subdue the likes of David Cox and Jordan Allan. I'd also like to think we'll give them something to think about rather than just pumping balls up the park all afternoon.

I've no idea what our starting XI will be but it might look a bit like this:

- Greig Spence - Botti Biabi -

- Gary Harkins -

- Callum Moore - Scott McLaughlin - David Hopkirk -

- Sean Burns - Jordan Armstrong - Bob Wilson - Jonathan Tiffoney -

- Graeme Smith -

Home win! And why not!

Looks very different Stenny side, from the previous fixtures, so their is no way Cowden will go into this overly confident about the previous results, if we play to our best of course we can get the 3 points, I don't think a draw is good result for either side, with the margins so fine in this division, a good run of form, will get a team into the top 4 places, where I think most sides will be looking to go, except for Brechin, Who I reckon would just be hoping to get off the bottom spot, I'M expecting tough game, i just hope we carry some threat up the park this weekend.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'm surprised no-one's started a match thread for today's encounter but nevertheless: here we go.

The last time we took on Cowdenbeath at Ochilview we were thoroughly bodied, quietly going down 3-0 and showcasing some of the most half-hearted defending I've seen from the Warriors this season. I don't think we've turned a corner just yet but we've collected seven points from our past four matches (embarrassingly, this is our best run of form this season). I'm looking forward to the match, if only to see the array of attacking options we have available to us - how do you fit Greig Spence, Botti Biabi, Mark McGuigan and Gary Harkins into two forward spaces? - and to see if we can build on last weekend's clean sheet at Annan Athletic. Our defending has let us down all season and I wonder how we'll subdue the likes of David Cox and Jordan Allan. I'd also like to think we'll give them something to think about rather than just pumping balls up the park all afternoon.

I've no idea what our starting XI will be but it might look a bit like this:

- Greig Spence - Botti Biabi -

- Gary Harkins -

- Callum Moore - Scott McLaughlin - David Hopkirk -

- Sean Burns - Jordan Armstrong - Bob Wilson - Jonathan Tiffoney -

- Graeme Smith -

Home win! And why not!

Don't think youre far off here. hoppy maybe injured though, mcguigan too. hope we have turned our corner so take our turn at running out winners today

Our away form is not good. I can’t be confident about playing anyone at their place. I feel we have a decent side and one win away could change our fortunes. Not sure it will happen today though. Stenhousemuir have certainly strengthened in important areas. Tough game. Weather watch- It’s gonny be awfy windy. Game in doubt?

4 hours ago, onecowden said:

Our away form is not good. I can’t be confident about playing anyone at their place. I feel we have a decent side and one win away could change our fortunes. Not sure it will happen today though. Stenhousemuir have certainly strengthened in important areas. Tough game. Weather watch- It’s gonny be awfy windy. Game in doubt?

Never confident against Stenny, no matter what the relative league positions are.

Mullen been very consistent for us, so can't knock him too much, that will give a poor Stenny boost tho, going into next 45 minutes, very impressed tho by our performance, seems we have really got at them, their defence is definitely problem for them , hopefully we can manage the game well in second 45, think that penalty going in, would finished them tho, Taylor scoring good to see, needing wide player who can chip in

Edited by SuperCowden

David Cox is an absolute creature. Cry's poor me in the media about his mental health then acts like he does.

On the game, point the right result. 2 halves of wind advantage. Cowden dealt with it a bit better than us but not enough to win the game. Never in doubt the smith pen save.

25 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

David Cox is an absolute creature. Cry's poor me in the media about his mental health then acts like he does.

What a fucking absurd point to try and make. Have a look at yourself you cretin. Fair enough don’t like him, fair enough don’t like how he plays but to try and point score over his mental health stuff is embarrassing.  

Just now, Muzza81 said:

What a fucking absurd point to try and make. Have a look at yourself you cretin. Fair enough don’t like him, fair enough don’t like how he plays but to try and point score over his mental health stuff is embarrassing.  

Anybody trying to defend him is as bad as he is. He is a total waster.

2 minutes ago, Ancient Warrior said:

Anybody trying to defend him is as bad as he is. He is a total waster.

You're right mate. He’s a “waster” as he likes to shout, moan and be physical on the football pitch. I form all my options on people based entirely what they are like on a football pitch. What a scumbag he is!

I just wish he filmed women having sex without their consent - they are the real upstanding members of the Stenhousemuir community.

1 minute ago, Ancient Warrior said:

Physical - he is an animal. What the ref was thinking about not giving him a red card God only knows.

A bit rich from a club who have their chairman filmed being a total bigot as well as a dick.

You seem to be struggling to draw the line between football (a game) and real life (real life). 

Yeah, that’s exactly the same thing. My goodness you’re an idiot.

I always thought football was real life . I would suggest that your man Cox  is a total waster off the field as well as on it and that has contributed to his supposed mental health issues.

I can assure you I am no idiot but no doubt you call anybody who disagrees with you an idiot.

Edited by Ancient Warrior