Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

The "patter" will continue into next season that's for sure. More chance of Aberdeen Cowden not being permanently raging than them getting promoted.

One achievement of note though is Cowden have had more posters in here than they had at the game yesterday. 

Thanks to the dirty dozen who braved the conditions on the terracing yesterday thus further filling the coffers of $FC.

You can count to twelve? Well done.

What a terrible little thread this has become.

I thought a draw was a fair result yesterday, all things considered, but Cowdenbeath were probably the better team overall and would have killed off the game if Fraser Mullen had scored with his penalty kick. It was an entertaining affair, all things considered, with some nice goals, terrible defending and a bit of needle adding to the proceedings. I thought Stenhousemuir started the game very well, with Greig Spence opening the scoring from close range after excellent work down the right from Jonathan Tiffoney. From that point on, however, Cowden began to dictate the play, using the wind to their advantage, and had us on the back foot. That said, for all their gentle domination, their two goals were cheaply conceded, Graham Taylor's especially.

Stenny were a lot better in the second half without really creating much but David Hopkirk's goal was supreme. Gary Harkins - who did absolutely nothing throughout the match other than dribble into cul-de-sacs and fall over - whipped in a gorgeous cross for the winger to volley home at the back post. I think this is the kind of thing we're going to get from Harkins, moments of world-class play in largely mediocre performances, but I do hope he gets up to speed soon. That kind of showing won't do again. I don't think anything of note happened after this until the end when David Cox and Graeme Smith had another set to. I didn't see what started it, I just saw Cox ushered off the pitch by his team-mates while he told a fan he'd see them outside. Some boy.

It's a decent point in the circumstances - the conditions were abysmal and we've been rotten against Cowden in our previous league meetings this season, and with Brechin City getting thumped at Albion Rovers, we move a little bit further away from the foot of the table. A big game awaits next week!

On 08/02/2020 at 17:24, Vimto90 said:

David Cox is an absolute creature. Cry's poor me in the media about his mental health then acts like he does.

On the game, point the right result. 2 halves of wind advantage. Cowden dealt with it a bit better than us but not enough to win the game. Never in doubt the smith pen save.

Mate you are a world class gimp. Dont like coxy as a football player fine... not a problem. slag him for being pish not a problem etc etc. However to come out with a comment about his mental health. He doesnt cry poor me he opened up about what its like and the abuse he sometimes has to take.. Nothing wrong with that. Also he will be first to admit he plays on the edge and will be physical big deal its football. For someone else who posted he is a waster from what I see he runs a very successful gym on top of having a great wee family as well as playing football and giving his all for every club he plays for. Rather have a coxy than a prima donna in harkins etc. He is a genuinely good lad who cares and sometimes too much when he is on the field but thats who he is. Shouldnt have mutants like you most likely shouting abuse at games at him as well about mental health.. its absurd.

P.S 

Stenny are a gang. Cowden are just a better gang.

mone the cowden

Mate you are a world class gimp. Dont like coxy as a football player fine... not a problem. slag him for being pish not a problem etc etc. However to come out with a comment about his mental health. He doesnt cry poor me he opened up about what its like and the abuse he sometimes has to take.. Nothing wrong with that. Also he will be first to admit he plays on the edge and will be physical big deal its football. For someone else who posted he is a waster from what I see he runs a very successful gym on top of having a great wee family as well as playing football and giving his all for every club he plays for. Rather have a coxy than a prima donna in harkins etc. He is a genuinely good lad who cares and sometimes too much when he is on the field but thats who he is. Shouldnt have mutants like you most likely shouting abuse at games at him as well about mental health.. its absurd.

P.S 

Stenny are a gang. Cowden are just a better gang.

mone the cowden

He was asking fans for fights in the tunnel while making belly gestures to indicate how fat said fan/s were. For all he knows that might have really affected that person/s mental health.

He is an absolute tool and I am very pro mental health awareness. I'd go as far to say not many people won't have experienced it in their life.

But if you are going to go to the media which at the time was a first certainly for lower league scottish football about mental health and then act the way he act's, especially on Saturday then he can f*ck off.

1 minute ago, Vimto90 said:
4 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:
I think Vimto is now my favourite poster on the site.  Just the right level of seethe in every post he makes.

Just completely avoid the main point of my post as you know it's valid & instead use my "seethe" as the reply. Nicely done.

I was generally replying to every post you've made in this thread and not just the one above.  You do make the occasional valid point but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

44 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

He was asking fans for fights in the tunnel while making belly gestures to indicate how fat said fan/s were. For all he knows that might have really affected that person/s mental health.

He is an absolute tool and I am very pro mental health awareness. I'd go as far to say not many people won't have experienced it in their life.

But if you are going to go to the media which at the time was a first certainly for lower league scottish football about mental health and then act the way he act's, especially on Saturday then he can f*ck off.

I never heard this but if you heard what he was saying to fans what were the fans saying to him? Was the ref not within earshot too?

12 minutes ago, Ancient Warrior said:

Just been reading David Cox's newspaper article about the abuse he gets about his mental health. Very interesting, especially the bit about the abuse he gets about it from Cowdenbeath fans.

How is that relevant? There are morons in every support (ie the Cowden fans in question, Vimto, yourself).

A real Old Firm fan type post you’ve managed there though, whataboutery at its finest. 

1 minute ago, Vimto90 said:
1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:
I never heard this but if you heard what he was saying to fans what were the fans saying to him? Was the ref not within earshot too?

He was getting the standard abuse any other wee f@nny on the pitch gets.

:lol: what a chump.

37 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

How is that relevant? There are morons in every support (ie the Cowden fans in question, Vimto, yourself).

A real Old Firm fan type post you’ve managed there though, whataboutery at its finest. 

To be fair, you brought up Jonathan Tiffoney's horrible indiscretions on the first page of this thread, which was of absolutely no relevance either.