Alloa Athletic v Dundee United

5 minutes ago, printer said:

Well done again to the players, especially given the players unavailable. Youngsters all stuck in and did well. Good point.

Agreed. Terrific effort again, particularly with a novice keeper and a defence still gelling. They were all excellent. Might have grabbed the win but equally could have lost it in the last few minutes.

For a side so far ahead United are pretty limited but still a good point for us.

Agreed. Terrific effort again, particularly with a novice keeper and a defence still gelling. They were all excellent. Might have grabbed the win but equally could have lost it in the last few minutes.
For a side so far ahead United are pretty limited but still a good point for us.

Indeed, and Robbo out as well tonight.

I know Liam Dick got MotM tonight, pleased for him, but I thought Taggs deserved it; showed quality on the ball and leadership. Hetherington was excellent too.

Agree about United. Expected more from them.

A point against the runaway league leaders can never be a bad one.Never in any real danger until the last 10 to 15 mins where i think taking Thompson off actually hurt us.He holds the ball up better than O,Hara who looks to get in behind with his pace.We couldn,t hold it up the park late on and it let United keep us under pressure.

We have came on since the dreadful morton game, PG seems to be getting the best out of the team now 

thought Taggs was MOTM too . with Parry then Mcdonald out and Andy graham we have adapted well 

on the face of it these injuries plus trouten too ,   well done lads ..

As for United  good play up to the box then very poor on final ball, 

7 minutes ago, Kobe2010 said:

A point against the runaway league leaders can never be a bad one.Never in any real danger until the last 10 to 15 mins where i think taking Thompson off actually hurt us.He holds the ball up better than O,Hara who looks to get in behind with his pace.We couldn,t hold it up the park late on and it let United keep us under pressure.

Thompson was really good again tonight. 

As a spectacle, that wasn’t great to watch, and can certainly understand the neutrals switching over to watch the other game on Alba.

I thought that in places (especially up to the final third), United played some decent football, but the final ball was lacking so often. That being said, when the ball did go into the mixer, Alloa were back in numbers and defended really well, getting strong heads to the ball, and throwing their bodies in front of shots. It was really frustrating, however unlike our previous 2 opponents, Alloa were more than happy to open up and have a go as well, and were unlucky not to score themselves, but for a great reaction save from Benji.

I also thought a couple of moves Alloa had going forward were absolutely superb, one especially in the first half when they played out from a really tight position at the back, and a bit more composure would have likely seen them score.

Shanks had an off day by his standards, and on another day would have expected to see him bury a few of the half chances he had in the game. He is allowed this from time to time, but a repeat of his 4 goal performance against ICT in the first game of the season, would be most welcome at Tannadice next week.

I thought Bingham looked really decent actually and can’t recall him being wasteful at any point, and he maybe needs a few more games to learn to link with Shankland better.

Pawlett was really frustrating again, there is no point in beating  men if you don’t then play the ball into the danger area....

Overall it would have been nice to get the win, and whist we were not at our best, credit must go to Alloa, as I thought that they played very well last night, especially defensively.

We lost at Alloa last time, so point is at least an improvement, and another small step toward the title.