Free Agency 2020

lichtie23

He won't be a starting QB but this is the biggest year of James Winston's career. Drew Brees will retire at the end of next season so if Jameis can show Sean Payton that he is capable of not throwing the ball to the opposing Defense, he could find himself as the starting QB for the New Orleans Saints in 2021. That is one of the sweetest spots in the NFL for a QB. If Payton spends a year coaching Winston and decides to just release him back into the free agent market then Winston's career is seriously hanging in the balance. 

Gotta say, I love that signing. He might not be the player he once was, but he's a great guy and hopefully can guide the younger players on our roster.
I was gutted when he was allowed to leave the Bay, still irks me to this day. He's just a solid consistent performer, hand him the ball and he gains you yards, maybe not explosive 25-30 yard runs, but enough to keep the chains moving.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

I really hope the GM said "I'm hungry, let's get a taco" at some point.

I hope he doesn’t make them “asada”

If he sues them will it be a court “Queso?”

I hope he come out of his “shell” after free agency!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Flacco signs a 1 year deal with the Jets

On the face of it, a 1 year, $1.5 m deal is a good one for the Jets to have an experienced back up to Darnold. There's almost always an if/but with the Jets though, and this time the question marks are about Flacco's fitness as he had neck surgery in April and is not expected to be fit until early September.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, steelmen said:

Ha ha it just felt like an obvious move for them / him. Stidham(?) might amazing but Cam is a good other option.

Definitely worth the gamble with an incentive-laden contract that only maxes out at around $7 million. Very interested to see Belichick's game plans with a QB who can run well.