Tell us about your first ever game

A long gap between games for Pars fans, so I need some piping hot content to keep me entertained at work tomorrow.

Probably been done before on here but not for a while anyway - give us the story of your first game supporting yer team.

Mine was 17th September 1996 and a 2-0 win over Partick Thistle in the League Cup at EEP. Had been pestering my Dad to take me along since my older brother had been allowed to go and finally got the chance for the cup tie. I don't remember everything about the night but I do recall being totally in awe of seeing the pitch from the Main Stand; it was the coolest thing in the world to me at the time. I still love going to games under the lights.

Knowing what I do now, my Dad probably picked that game because it was reduced ticket prices and I'm sure the atmosphere wasn't all that special but I was hooked from then onwards.

For a laugh, as the young ain of the forum, the first game I remember witnessing was in February 2005 (the 15th anniversary of that is in a week lol),where Dundee beat Motherwell 2-1 at Dens, with Lovell getting a brace.

I'd been to games before that (even still have a baby shirt with Caniggia and 33 on it) but this was the first game I remember, and it was a good experience.

The next game I went to was my first away game, headed to East End Park, where Dunfermline papped us 5-0 and we went bottom of the table. Got used to shite like that happening on the regular from then on.

Wasn't my first game but first game I properly remember was league cup 96 away too killie .ayr won 1 nil thanks too a Robert connor strike .4000 ayr fans going thst crazy at the final whistle the stand was shaking quite a surreal nd scary experience for a 6 year old .but I will never forget it .

My old man took me to the 5-1 hammering of Celtic in 1980 but i was 7 and can't remember anything about it. The first game i actually remember was a 3-1 home win over Falkirk in October 1987. Tommy Coyne scored twice and also missed a penalty. I think Falkirk missed one as well. 

I went to a Thistle v Caley game at Kingsmills in the Highland League Cup in what must've been 1990.  It was 0-0 and the only thing I remember was hearing fans in the enclosure off to the side chanting "Caley, Caley".  

My first game was on the third of January 1970. My dad had driven us up from our army house in Hampshire for the festive period and after the excitement of Christmas and New Year, I was about to experience my first football match. My dad had a love of Dundee because of the great team he had grown up with. My grandad had a love of United and still wore his black and white scarf with pride. I had no allegiances. I cannot remember much about the match, but after United won 4-1, I chose them as my team. Thank goodness for that.

17 September 1980- Ayr 2 Hamilton 1. My old man must have been feeling flush as he took me into the main stand.  My second game was 5 November the same year, League Semi-Final First Leg against Dundee. At the time thought that would be a regular occurrence.

First game was Paul Sturrock testimonial against Real Sociedad in August 1989. I was 4 and remember f**k all about it other than getting plonked on the wall at the front and Sociedad having green shirts, but Luggy is my old mans all time favourite Utd player so glad I can say I got to see him play in the flesh 

We won 1-0 with an og fwiw.

Cant remember the exact game. Would have been around five or six.
1984/5 maybe.
Pars were in the third tier and can remember the crowds being pretty low. Pretty much fitting into the home end and the old black and white crush barriers.
Only game I can remember vividly was winning the league and going on the pitch.

August 1965. Went with my Dad. Fixture carefully chosen by him, home to Stranraer as they had never won at Palmerston. Cue a 2-1 Stranraer win!
First Scotland game was in 1973. We lost 1-0 to Brazil due to a Derek Johnstone OG.
These both somehow seem fitting first games for life as a QOS and Scotland fan [emoji23]

Wasn't my first game but first game I properly remember was league cup 96 away too killie .ayr won 1 nil thanks too a Robert connor strike .4000 ayr fans going thst crazy at the final whistle the stand was shaking quite a surreal nd scary experience for a 6 year old .but I will never forget it .
Funny enough that was my 1st game aswell ever since tht day I was an ayr fan through and through this game is in my top 2 favourite games I've ever been too.

99/00 - last home game of the season against Airdrie. We won 1-0 and we were promoted to the new 12-team SPL.

Can remember the goal going in. Might have been Brian Reid? Apart from that, very little. Think Airdrie were wearing a navy and baby blue kit.