Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Series

Gaz

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Is it any good? I played the original 2 quite a lot and when I saw the remake I thought it looked great but a bit 'empty' for a full price release.

Have there been any other features added? 

The best two skateboarding games, ever, have been redone and bundled into one ... and you want more?? :o

Edited by Mr X

49 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The best two skateboarding games, ever, have been redone and bundled into one ... and you want more?? :o

I mean, I dunno. I loved it at the time, it was and is a brilliant game but it's a product of its time. One of my favourite games ever on the NES is Excitebike but if they remastered it with updated graphics and no additional content but still charged £40 for it, I'd be a bit miffed. 

I mean, I dunno. I loved it at the time, it was and is a brilliant game but it's a product of its time. One of my favourite games ever on the NES is Excitebike but if they remastered it with updated graphics and no additional content but still charged £40 for it, I'd be a bit miffed. 
But the difference in content and depth between a NES and a PS1/PS2 would be quite significant anyway I would imagine.

40 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No offence to one of your favourite games but its hardly in the same skate park.

On 03/09/2020 at 23:10, Cptn Hooch said:

Anyone else pre-ordered this? Im nightshift tonight so i'll get a wee half hour on it in the morning when I get home. The demo was was good and I genuinely can't wait to get stuck into this nostalgia trip 

I've got it ready to go for this evening when the weans are settled.

I'm hoping this is wildly popular and we also get a remastered THPS3.

I've got it ready to go for this evening when the weans are settled.
I'm hoping this is wildly popular and we also get a remastered THPS3.
I'm wondering if they might go down the dlc route for thps3 content...would also be good to see the thug series again

This is glorious. Never even knew it was getting released, just happened to see it in the xbox store when I went to download the 2k21 demo.

Brings back so many memories from my childhood. I think I spent about a year of my childhood playing Tony Hawks 3 so fingers crossed that it is in the pipeline!

9 hours ago, spud131 said:
10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

But the difference in content and depth between a NES and a PS1/PS2 would be quite significant anyway I would imagine.

Perhaps I'm just once bitten twice shy. I excitedly bought the HD remaster of 1 & 2 on the 360 when it came out about 7 or 8 years back and it was painfully empty, had most of the courses removed, songs and characters missing and was generally a buggy mess. Almost a 'best of 1 & 2' pack of you will but an empty soulless shell. 

It barely even justified a £20 price back then. I legit hope this one is far more beefed out. 

Perhaps I'm just once bitten twice shy. I excitedly bought the HD remaster of 1 & 2 on the 360 when it came out about 7 or 8 years back and it was painfully empty, had most of the courses removed, songs and characters missing and was generally a buggy mess. Almost a 'best of 1 & 2' pack of you will but an empty soulless shell. 
It barely even justified a £20 price back then. I legit hope this one is far more beefed out. 
It has ALL the levels from the original 2 including some of the bonus ones...all the original skaters plus extra, a couple of secret skaters, it looks amazing, plays like the original...and then theres the best part....

THE SOUNDTRACK

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

It has ALL the levels from the original 2 including some of the bonus ones...all the original skaters plus extra, a couple of secret skaters, it looks amazing, plays like the original...and then theres the best part....

THE SOUNDTRACK

Been having a bit of a read through this earlier. Fair enough on this part. My initial assessment was based on it being along the same lines of the HD remaster and thankfully they've learned from that. 

The soundtrack of the original THPS, introduced me to a lot of those sort of punk, Nu-metal and Ska punk bands in the very early Napster age and led to buying several Punk-O-Rama compilations to hear more of bands like Millencolin, NOFX, Bad Religion, Rancid etc.

Truly halcyon days. Though Papa Roach can and always could take themselves to f**k. 

Edited by djchapsticks

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Been having a bit of a read through this earlier. Fair enough on this part. My initial assessment was based on it being along the same lines of the HD remaster and thankfully they've learned from that. 

The soundtrack of the original THPS, introduced me to a lot of those sort of punk, Nu-metal and Ska punk bands in the very early Napster age and led to buying several Punk-O-Rama compilations to hear more of bands like Millencolin, NOFX, Bad Religion, Rancid etc.

Truly halcyon days. Though Papa Roach can and always could take themselves to f**k. 

This version does bring to mind the HD one. Bring it to mind, think of the complete opposite and you're still not close to how good these remakes are.