Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Series

Gaz

Inspired by the skateboarding thread over on GN, who was a massive fan of these back in the day?

When me and my chums had chipped PlayStations we all had a copy of the first one we got for a couple of quid, it was absolutely brilliant. We used to crowd into one of our bedrooms and take turns. Always Warehouse, always Superman by Goldfinger. Special move over the half pipe, through the window, grind the rail on the other side = mega points.

The first three games were brilliant and the third one on the PS2 is easily in my top 10 games of all time. I'd love a modern remaster but the chances of that happening are virtually nil.

THPS2 was outstanding fun, was never really into skating but my older brother got it and I gave it a go. Vague memories of being really chuffed the first time I managed to skate along the train tracks.

Only one I ever played tbf. Also mind making levels filled with those spike pits and dicking around on them with mates, to much mirth all round. Take me back.

I need a modern remaster or a new THPS game that is more like the originals in my life...the games were so good...the underground series was decent and then it fell off a cliff. Got the latest one on PS4 and it's very meh....the skate games were better than the latest offerings from auld Tony

A remaster came out for the 360 maybe seven years ago?  Was absolutely class, recall it being a mix of THPS and THPS2.  THPS2 is probably up there in my top five favourite games ever.  Would have been summer of 2001 and having my pal stay at mine, and the next night at his, playing the game until all hours.  Halcyon days.

THPS2 is one of my favourite all time games. Spent hours and hours trying to 100% each level, getting all the tapes and cash etc. Was fucking immense fun.

Best level is either Warehouse or the first tournament pit.

Me and Baracus play the hybrid remake whenever I'm over, taking turns to see who ends up a "Keddie" rather than a donkey.

On 11/02/2020 at 11:14, bopolopoluss1 said:

If you've got an NVidia shield it's pretty easy to install an emulator and play them on your TV. 

I've played them on emulators but it'd be great to have a proper current-gen version with proper online support and all that jazz.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Anyone else pre-ordered this? Im nightshift tonight so i'll get a wee half hour on it in the morning when I get home. The demo was was good and I genuinely can't wait to get stuck into this nostalgia trip 
I ordered it last night. £33.85 from Shopto. Amazon version is 40 with some stickers and trading cards.

Buzzing to get into it. Early reviews are very positive.

I ordered it last night. £33.85 from Shopto. Amazon version is 40 with some stickers and trading cards.

Buzzing to get into it. Early reviews are very positive.
Had a blast this morning after work...the music, the levels, the skaters, the tricks....I'm in 1999 again!!!

Never actually had the game as a kid. Just played a demo over and over. 
Downloaded it on Xbox one this morning.
Loving it. I'm still shite.
I only played the first one once. My cousin and I played the second one just about every day until it didn't work and we had to go buy it again[emoji23]. Looks like they've kept the bails videos too which were always good viewing. Hoping there are some secret unlockable characters down the line