Peterhead - Loons

55 minutes ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Forecast is for 60 mph southerly winds on Saturday afternoon. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640351

Will the game be on, or will we only need one half of the pitch with the open south end?

If the game is on what are the odds of Marc McCallum scoring from a goal kick? 🤣

51 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

That’s a cracking piece of value there!

Do other clubs do this and I’m just miles behind this being a thing?

Don't know about any other clubs doing this but here's the reason for Peterhead doing it -

https://www.peterheadfc.com/news/item/2821-on-line-programme-a-winner-for-peterhead

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

That’s a cracking piece of value there!

Do other clubs do this and I’m just miles behind this being a thing?

The first time I saw an online programme was from Barnet a couple of years ago now.

Came across it completely by accident. 

Not sure if there are other clubs doing it, but it seems a sensible option in the age of the internet.

I think the SFA should be instructing their referees all over Scotland to have a long think about overhead conditions before starting games tomorrow. It is blowing a gale just now and more of the same is forecast for this time tomorrow - surely common sense must prevail as it is no fun for players or spectators watching a team failing to get out of their own half or goal kicks being blown over the goalkeepers head.

If it does turn a bit windy tomorrow we could maybe ask Forfor to bring up some of their stewards they are dab hands at blocking folks view at Station Park so could maybe be used as a wind break at Balmoor 🤯

Wouldn’t be surprised if the fat ginger p***k of a steward is at the match on Saturday
Every club that has visited station park has complained about them this season

Wouldn’t be surprised if the fat ginger p***k of a steward is at the match on Saturday

Same with the other steward who has an obsession with hanging around the young lads in the corner when they were at games

Sure someone said before they told another club’s steward they couldn’t touch them because they were stewards as well

8 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Some very impressive numbers there

I rely on the online programme to keep up to speed with my home town team. Whilst the editorial sometimes needs better proof reading it's pretty good and up there with the likes of Livvie and ICT. Beats the both of them hands down though on format as theirs are slow pdf downloads whilst the Bloo Toon one is almost instant and easily read even on my phone. A lot of the articles are already on the website but 9 out of 10 from me!

3 hours ago, loon74 said:

It was the ginger boys mate that was more of a problem at our last visit, standing right in front of us being a knob for no reason. I was warned that any complaint would fall on deaf ears but was disappointed after contacting the safety officer & chairman at Forfar and getting replies saying it would be looked into that as forecast by Forfar supporters it died a death without being resolved.

And also beating the shite out of the advertising boards, if past Peterhead games are anything to go by.

10 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:
14 hours ago, loon74 said:

And also beating the shite out of the advertising boards, if past Peterhead games are anything to go by.

Your stewards beat the hoardings?

Strange behaviour.

Anyway.....the sun is beating down, it's not that windy at this minute in time, but who knows what Ciara could bring at 3pm.

Quick look at the forecast and it seems Ciara is going to arrive full on tomorrow(Sunday)?

Who knows. Weather forecasters are a bit like referees. Prone to bad decisions.