Dumbarton vs Airdrie

58 minutes ago, diamondman said:

A dire 90 mins that we should have won.  Weather may not have helped but painful viewing.

This might get me ridiculed but given what was predicted about the weather forecast across Scotland, could the KOs have been brought forward to 2pm? It was reasonable until about 4pm although the entertainment was minimal. The Peterhead abandonment and many Arbroath games show how different the approaches have been.

21 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

This might get me ridiculed but given what was predicted about the weather forecast across Scotland, could the KOs have been brought forward to 2pm? It was reasonable until about 4pm although the entertainment was minimal. The Peterhead abandonment and many Arbroath games show how different the approaches have been.

Would have been an idea seeing it was predicted well in advance 

Roy just should not be there, if we don’t have a young lad in reserve team that  better than Roy then we are wasting full time money ,with Gal and Ryan off who was going to score Smith not likely ,has got pace but what else does he bring every week ,very little ,some of the young lads are full time ,get them in ,

Certainly one where I'm glad I wasn't organising man of the match.
Surely it was a relatively easy pick...Connor Brennan. A few fantastic saves and collected most things in the air, especially in the horrendous conditions.

Rico Quitongo was the only other bright spark for Dumbarton.

2 hours ago, G_H said:

If we don't win next week, I'm starting to think its time for Murray to go.

I presume you mean the manager and not the young loan player yesterday, who looked a good player. ( Just a wee joke -sorry) Taking your serious point we have returned to that earlier bit of the season where the manager has made some strange decisions but I think the board will give him the rest of his contract, until he fails to meet the targets. As top 4 was the minimum you are right that we need to win next week as EF and Montrose are threats. We did have the chances yesterday ( even the Dumbarton account from Andy Galloway recognised that) but there has been something not quite right from the Clyde defeat onwards.

As I suspected at the time the referee bottled both Airdrie penalty claims. The first one looks to be a stonewaller and whilst Roy went down quite easily for the second, Rico certainly gave him a decision to make. Would've been no complaints at all from me if it had been given.

Thanks to El gringo for my first chance to see the highlights. It confirms that it was Wedderburn who had the save by Brennan, so well done to Eric half B for his better eyesight. The Gallagher penalty looked certain at the game and still does. I can see why the shirt pull on Roy at the end might have been one "that I have seen given" . It does worry me that Ally Roy , a lad from Glenmavis, needs gloves but it must have been freezing sitting on the bench. Oh for the winter days of the sixties when our part time stalwarts could play without gloves!

Taking your serious point we have returned to that earlier bit of the season where the manager has made some strange decisions but I think the board will give him the rest of his contract, until he fails to meet the targets. As top 4 was the minimum you are right that we need to win next week as EF and Montrose are threats.

And if we don’t finish in the top 4?

7 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I presume you mean the manager and not the young loan player yesterday, who looked a good player. ( Just a wee joke -sorry) Taking your serious point we have returned to that earlier bit of the season where the manager has made some strange decisions but I think the board will give him the rest of his contract, until he fails to meet the targets. As top 4 was the minimum you are right that we need to win next week as EF and Montrose are threats. We did have the chances yesterday ( even the Dumbarton account from Andy Galloway recognised that) but there has been something not quite right from the Clyde defeat onwards.

Word on the street some questions being asked regarding performance of late. The manager is not helping himself with some strange decisions think the pressure showed yesterday the way he was jumping about.

3 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Word on the street some questions being asked regarding performance of late. The manager is not helping himself with some strange decisions think the pressure showed yesterday the way he was jumping about.

Yes there are lots of questions being asked-I sometimes think we like grumbling and did not know what to do when we had that very good run. I also think other teams have sussed out what let us win those games. He was too far away from me to see his antics but I know some Sons fans have commented on it. Imagine if the dugouts were at the stand side, as they will be next week.

3 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Yes there are lots of questions being asked-I sometimes think we like grumbling and did not know what to do when we had that very good run. I also think other teams have sussed out what let us win those games. He was too far away from me to see his antics but I know some Sons fans have commented on it. Imagine if the dugouts were at the stand side, as they will be next week.

Your spot on teams have sussed us out dont think ever seen a team get as many corners as we do but there is little imagine there. We were in total control yesterday that said I expected a tougher game thought Dunbarton were very poor. Were some signs front two can link up moving forward and I was totally bemused when both of them were subbed.

5 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Your spot on teams have sussed us out dont think ever seen a team get as many corners as we do but there is little imagine there. We were in total control yesterday that said I expected a tougher game thought Dunbarton were very poor. Were some signs front two can link up moving forward and I was totally bemused when both of them were subbed.

I also noticed yesterday that we have names on the back of jerseys but can't remember when we started to have them, or I should say was aware of it. Probably my eyesight but could it coincide with our draws and no goals?!