Dumbarton vs Airdrie

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I suspect we'll kick off.

If either manager reckons their team are struggling then the keeper will be told to put every single kick high to try to get it catching in the wind.

all of our players do that anyway.

What a freezing cold waste of a Saturday off that was.

Brennan had 2/3 really good saves.
Did you honestly think it was going to be a classic??

There's a reason I made the tactical decision to give this one a body swerve today and VAR says it was the correct decision.
As soon as I seen the team selection I knew it was a good decision.
I look forward to the dissection.

10 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Did you honestly think it was going to be a classic??

There's a reason I made the tactical decision to give this one a body swerve today and VAR says it was the correct decision.
As soon as I seen the team selection I knew it was a good decision.
I look forward to the dissection.

Thought it was the poorest Dunbarton team I've seen thought they would have had chances in 2nd half with the big forward and wind at their back didn't threaten all day. Airdrie were just Airdrie and understand u try to change things but to take both your strikers off really? Perhaps they were injured. Like Smith but gal and AR were more likely to get a chance still yet again gal is hooked and smith finished game.

That may have been the worst 90 minutes of my life. 

Airdrie can feel hard done by, thought they should've had two penalties. From our side Conor Brennan dealt with the conditions really well and I couldn't really fault McGeever or Neill. That aside it was a bit of a farce of a game.

Reasonably happy with a point all things considered.

42 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That may have been the worst 90 minutes of my life. 

Airdrie can feel hard done by, thought they should've had two penalties. From our side Conor Brennan dealt with the conditions really well and I couldn't really fault McGeever or Neill. That aside it was a bit of a farce of a game.

Reasonably happy with a point all things considered.

Taking the wind and monsoon into condition, I felt we dominated both halves and Brennan had two excellent saves to earn the draw. We looked reluctant to just shoot on sight in the first half which allowed Dumbarton's defenders to get blocks in regularly. Ryan ought to have scored in the first minute and he still looks a bit off the pace. Mind you he is still better than Ally Roy who appeared yet again in an invisible sort of way.  The last minute tackle on Gallagher certainly looked like a penalty at our end but the late one on  Roy could have been less certain. Dumbarton had no shots on target whilst we had maybe 4 or 5 and yet again so many fruitless corners! It was all a bit desperate  late on as we sort of piled forward. I was still worried we might lose a sclaffed high punt but Gallagher had no saves to make, He did take 2 corners safely but his slow distribution is annoying, although in those conditions, maybe allowed. Dumbarton had a wee bit of attacking via Quitongo senior but that No 15 is surely not a footballer? We still look a bit off the pace and with no goals in the League recently it is a worry, Nat and Keiran Miller were both good at their jobs but it was hard to provide much entertainment in that weather. Glad I had the hillwalking layers on today, Raith drawing at Stranraer( now drawn last 5? ) leaves us still 7 points behind , and EF/Montrose with games in hand!  It was more 4-2-4 today and the Murray guy looked like a footballer today and linked well in 1st half with McCann. The rain on the way back was something else, as the great and late Eddie Cochran sang. On to beat Clyde please?

Edited by Chapelhall chap