Dumbarton vs Airdrie

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not even going tbh, got a stag do in Berlin.

It's been a common occurrence this season though that our match threads barely get started in time for kick off. We need something to kick us into life or the rest of this season will be turgid.

If this game was 5-6 weeks ago, we'd be right up for it.

what a difference a short time makes.  the "oomph" seems to have gone from the team completely and there's a bit of apathy creeping in with the support as well.  How we can go from looking a threat every time we went forward, to now just lumping aimless balls up the park is mind boggling.  I won't be there either on Saturday tbh, I see enough guff at the home games, and I really wouldn't be surprised if we went down 1-0 at the rock either, but then again, I am the eternal pessimist.

I was planning on attending but if the weather is to be as bad as forecasted I probably won't bother.  Our high balls + very high winds = waste of time and dosh.

A shame as I've not been to Dumbarton since the Boghead days.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not even going tbh, got a stag do in Berlin.

It's been a common occurrence this season though that our match threads barely get started in time for kick off. We need something to kick us into life or the rest of this season will be turgid.

As a support we have taken a battering over the last few seasons.Relegation harnessed to shite football under Aitken to reduced budgets , unsympathetic owners and a threadbare squad has seen interest dwindle and apathy amongst those who still straggle along.We clearly need a good run in the league and some attractive football to reverse the trend but ultimately our fate lies in off the field activity more than on it.We desperately need new owners who actually care.

Will be there as usual although the windy weather might mean avoiding the Erskine bridge! As to the football although we have had more success against Dumbarton recently, we depended on Hutton to earn us that last win. Will be tight game but foolishly I have gone for an away win. Have no idea who will play.

Edited by Chapelhall chap

It's been 6 weeks since we had a home game. There should be a sense of expectation about our first home match in so long, particularly since we actually did some transfer business over the past couple of weeks. 

We're not playing well right now, Aberdeen game being the exception. That's having a major impact on fan enthusiasm. I'm hoping that Saturday is the day we turn things around, start to show a bit more going forward and cut out the calamity defending we've been engaging in at times this season. That defending is in part down to the keeper being good for at least 1 mistake per game. 

Ultimately we need points to make sure we're not drawn in to a possible battle for 9th. It doesnt matter how we do it, so long as we do it. We have to win on Saturday but it would be nice to show some kind of improvement. Hopefully conditions are ok and the game goes ahead. I know there won't be any doubt over the pitch but the expected strong winds will be a concern. 

Away day to dumbarton is always one to look forward to! Swally on the train up, a 3-0 win for airdrie n a swally on the way home

Not to mention our thriving town centre and attractive local women. An away adventure not to be missed.

The supporters team shall put the Airdrie supporters team to the sword first in the early ko, and set the tone for the afternoon.

I’d expect Jai Q to start now that he has some game time and training under his belt, and for Pettigrew to take the keeper jersey. If Carsy is fit and available he’d start on the bench.

I’ll miss this one so expecting a rousing 4-0 home win with flamboyant free flowing tippy tap football throughout.

Airdrie to enjoy their pie but absolutely nothing else.