The Derek Mackay texts and the Scottish Budget

Mastermind

6 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

John Mason silent today about Derek MacKay.

He was all over the papers and Twitter about Goodwillie but absolutely silent about Salmond and Mackay.

I'll not be back if Mackay turns up in an Ayr strip. 

16 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

I'd say it's entirely more likely their actions are independent rather than your totally believable suggestion that there's a culture of texting wee boys in the SNP emoji23.png People get sacked for this kind of behaviour in different workplaces every day. It just doesn't make front page news.

I would have thought that was pretty obvious.

Is that right, aye? Goodness, in 30 years in the workplace I’ve never seen anything close. Guess I must’ve led a sheltered life. Lucky me! 

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Good to see Channel 4 News leading with news of ongoing Syrian war crimes, as hospitals, including  a maternity unit in N.W. Syria being heavily bombed.

This will be there last chance to do Al Qaeda propaganda in the Syria War so they are obviously making it count. 

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Good thing it's limited to the SNP and none of the other political parties are packing skeletons in their closet.

That's classic whataboutery deflection. 

How many senior Cabinet Ministers in other parties have been caught bombarding a 16 year old boy (or girl) with hundreds of text messages?

If Mackay was a Tory or Labour Minister, the SNP would be straight on the phone to the police.

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

That's classic whataboutery deflection. 

How many senior Cabinet Ministers in other parties have been caught bombarding a 16 year old boy (or girl) with hundreds of text messages?

If Mackay was a Tory or Labour Minister, the SNP would be straight on the phone to the police.

What would they be charging him with?

EXCL: The Scottish Government tried to throw up media lawyer-style hurdles as @ScottishSun moved to publish exclusive about Derek Mackay's online pestering of a schoolboy. Their demands included the name of the boy and our “justification for publication"

3 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

EXCL: The Scottish Government tried to throw up media lawyer-style hurdles as @ScottishSun moved to publish exclusive about Derek Mackay's online pestering of a schoolboy. Their demands included the name of the boy and our “justification for publication"

Ooft.  Where this from please?

Derek McKay appears to be a very troubled and troubling politician whose now-revealed actions should at the least debar him from holding future political office.

But any moral guardians attempting to contaminate the body politic of the SNP on the back of recent events will fail, and fail miserably. The very attempt is an indication of the desperation of the SNP haters here and elsewhere.

Guest Bob Mahelp

We all....each and every one of us.... bow at the altar of human weakness, but it beggars belief that McKay thought this was acceptable behaviour for a grown man, never mind one in such a privileged and powerful position.

It's stunning that he didn't consider (or dismissed) the implications this could have.....a teenager being manipulated, his own career in shreds, and the damage to his party and by default to the independence movement. 

With the further stories emerging this morning in regards to drinking issues, I hope he gets help to get over what demons he obviously has.