The Derek Mackay texts and the Scottish Budget

Mastermind

8 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

The main surprise (or not) for me is that someone so utterly and incredibly thick is the Finance Minister for Scotland and in a position of significant power.

Is it any wonder that the sensible majority aren’t as gullible as the militant Nats in believing that Scotland will be in a better financial position going it alone. Look at the levels of sheer stupidity at the very top of the SNP.

I'm sure you could put the Prime Minister of the UK in precisely the same basket.

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Compared to the Lib Dems the SNP are positively saintly.

Indeed, upcoming trials for embezzling a food bank and another for multiple sexual offences, what bunch of saints.

They're just the same as all the other political parties.

14 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

The main surprise (or not) for me is that someone so utterly and incredibly thick is the Finance Minister for Scotland and in a position of significant power.

Is it any wonder that the sensible majority aren’t as gullible as the militant Nats in believing that Scotland will be in a better financial position going it alone. Look at the levels of sheer stupidity at the very top of the SNP.

The excitement of using this to trot out the same old shite as if the two are somehow related Is weird. ‘I told you so, this is why Scotland can’t manage its own affairs.’

Gross.

31 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

At what point do the SNP become a liability to the wider independence movement though? We are probably still a bit away from that but many, including Mr Campbell, would disagree. 

Miles and miles away from that. At least 50% of the country now favours independence. There are 3 mainstream parties fighting against that concept and there is 1 mainstream plus 1 smaller partner acting on behalf of the indy support. In the absence of anywhere else to go, the SNP will remain the drivers of the political bus. Until or unless the tories, labour or the libdems recognise Scotland's right to self determination, they'll continue to get fucked at elections because people like me - an otherwise political moderate - have nowhere else to go. Rather than moving away, I joined the SNP last month in response to the UK election result. It was final proof for me that we need to diverge. Derek McKay being an arsehole isn't about to change my fundamental belief that Scotland should run Scotland. And England can crack on with the direction they want to take - that's their democratic choice. Unfortunately, they're also making it mine. 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Do you really think so? If the SNP deal with this firmly and openly, why would people reconsider their membership?

On the other hand, should they deal with it in a prevaricating, excusing manner, that would be different.

It will not affect my family's membership in any way but I am convinced there are those amongst the membership who will be affected, plus there are more sordid rumours on Alex Salmond going around which may come to the fore.

29 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It will not affect my family's membership in any way but I am convinced there are those amongst the membership who will be affected, plus there are more sordid rumours on Alex Salmond going around which may come to the fore.

Alex Salmond's case is different as it is more historical, so if -if - there have been any cover ups or similar shenanigans re him the SNP will just have to take the flak.

However, they will have to deal with the Derek Mackay problem expeditiously.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

The excitement of using this to trot out the same old shite as if the two are somehow related Is weird. ‘I told you so, this is why Scotland can’t manage its own affairs.’
Gross.

Yes but the guys an absolute fucking creep, Rodhull.

Mackay is pretty creepy as well.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The SNP should introduce the P+B algorithm for assessing beastliness as law. Can't remember what it is, multiply the age difference by 2 and subtract the number you first thought of or something?

Half your age plus 7 is the rule of acceptable age disparity. 

ETA - Unless you're 16 or 17. Then you're a statutory rapist. 

Edited by The OP

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Fucking hell.

Kate Forbes will deliver the budget but I doubt the finer points of fiscal policy will be getting much attention.

While it’s not illegal, it’s creepy enough that he could be looking at suspension/sitting as an independent rather than disappearing to the backbenches like Hosie; this is a different magnitude from that.

Maybe that is the plan. Takes away from the glaring holes in the budget.

Salmond, Mackay,.....?

Politicians - what a mob they all are. We should be looking for ways to reduce their influence not increase it.

1 minute ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Maybe that is the plan. Takes away from the glaring holes in the budget.

Aye, that's what the SNP done m8, they got Derek MacKay to nonce up a wee guy and released the texts today so that people wouldn't focus on the budget.

Fucking shitting christ I hate this forum.

Miles and miles away from that. At least 50% of the country now favours independence. There are 3 mainstream parties fighting against that concept and there is 1 mainstream plus 1 smaller partner acting on behalf of the indy support. In the absence of anywhere else to go, the SNP will remain the drivers of the political bus. Until or unless the tories, labour or the libdems recognise Scotland's right to self determination, they'll continue to get fucked at elections because people like me - an otherwise political moderate - have nowhere else to go. Rather than moving away, I joined the SNP last month in response to the UK election result. It was final proof for me that we need to diverge. Derek McKay being an arsehole isn't about to change my fundamental belief that Scotland should run Scotland. And England can crack on with the direction they want to take - that's their democratic choice. Unfortunately, they're also making it mine. 

With the exception of being a National Party member, word for word exactly what I would have said.

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Is it a good day for you?

Certainly not a bad one. Just another example that anyone who thinks any of these clowns is any better than the other is seriously naïve.

As far as this particular party is concerned we have

Mackay

Salmond and

Mason - refusing to represent those who disagree with him. Very democratic. Uber hypocrite.

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

1 hour ago, HTG said:

Similar to me. I joined the SNP the day after the first Independence Referendum, and I'll continue to pay my subs until we become an independent country. Then I'll decide whether the SNP are still the closest party to me politically or not, and whether I'll continue being a member or not. I see them as very much a means to an end - although I am reasonably happy with their governance.