The Derek Mackay texts and the Scottish Budget

Mastermind

11 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That's handy. Now that he's got some free time, he can come round to my house and take my place next time I've been dragged round IKEA.

As long as you don't have a 16 year old son, everything will be fine.

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This will have a massive effect on the party, with Salmonds mess and now this I can see many members thinking twice about their membership, what a fool.

Do you really think so? If the SNP deal with this firmly and openly, why would people reconsider their membership?

On the other hand, should they deal with it in a prevaricating, excusing manner, that would be different.

1 hour ago, jock_the_squak said:

Not the first and definately not the last MSP/MP (regards of party) to be involved in this sort of shenanigans. Do they not realise that you have to be squeaky clean in this day and age as any sort of misdemeanour will be picked up and exploited by political rivals and the media

There's a difference between not being squeaky clean and doing what he's done though. 

He's a creep, as is any man his age behaving like this. 

Edited by S7C

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Not in the least bit surprised by these allegations. Always thought Mackay was OFTW.

With him this month and Salmond’s trail next month, things aren’t looking great at SNP towers.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Being a toe curlingly creepy middle aged man is no impediment to rising to the top of the SNP.

Salmond led and his disciples follow. Can take Alex out the SNP but his legacy lives on.

Wholesale changes of culture needed at that party.

Look at the state of you man. 

No way MacKay should be continuing in any position of government. The fact he's text the boy telling him he can delete messages that are absolutely noncing shows he knows what he's doing is wrong. Empty him completely.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Do you really think so? If the SNP deal with this firmly and openly, why would people reconsider their membership?

On the other hand, should they deal with it in a prevaricating, excusing manner, that would be different.

Agreed. The membership is not going to drop off because of individual behaviour issues. I support my country being independent and neither this nor any negative outcome to the Salmond case will change that. There will be plenty of short term negativity but that's what it will amount to. Like the Ross Thompson thing, it's something that will cause those running the party a lot of frustration because it takes time and energy to manage that can be better spent elsewhere. At an individual level, it's incredibly stupid behaviour. Every time we see this sort of thing - whatever the colour of the rosette - we wonder how they can be so daft. Politicians are broadly the same as the rest of society I presume so whether it's wandering hands, texts or whatever, it's happening across multiple sectors. In politics, the impacts are multiplied  - moreso when they're in a key role. He should step down for me. Thompson attracted a lot of flak for pretty much doubling down on his stupidity. 

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This will have a massive effect on the party, with Salmonds mess and now this I can see many members thinking twice about their membership, what a fool.

Compared to the Lib Dems the SNP are positively saintly.

Seems to be a gene particular to politicians that makes them get off on risking career suicide by beastliness.

To be fair there are a thousand plus politicians in the public eye. I doubt it’s any more prominent in that role than it is across other parts of society. They’re more likely to get caught though given their profile.

7 minutes ago, HTG said:

Agreed. The membership is not going to drop off because of individual behaviour issues. I support my country being independent and neither this nor any negative outcome to the Salmond case will change that. 

At what point do the SNP become a liability to the wider independence movement though? We are probably still a bit away from that but many, including Mr Campbell, would disagree. 

Everyone in politics is a weirdo.  The Tories are a load of fresh faced posho flag waving Europe obsessed weirdos, Labour are crackpot conspiracy theorists who have encyplodia style knowledge about Jews, the Lib Dems are a load of 'car keys in the fruit bowl' middle class perverts, the SNP combine all for their everyman position with a load of added weak-jawed beta male losers groping and sexting inappropriately.

If you are reading this thread, you are very likely a complete weirdo who is DMing someone too young for you as we speak.  You fucking weirdo.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Everyone in politics is a weirdo.  The Tories are a load of fresh faced posho flag waving Europe obsessed weirdos, Labour are crackpot conspiracy theorists who have encyplodia style knowledge about Jews, the Lib Dems are a load of 'car keys in the fruit bowl' middle class perverts, the SNP combine all for their everyman position with a load of added weak-jawed beta male losers groping and sexting inappropriately.

If you are reading this thread, you are very likely a complete weirdo who is DMing someone too young for you as we speak.  You fucking weirdo.

Pity they don't organise over here...

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Seems to be a gene particular to politicians that makes them get off on risking career suicide by beastliness.

I think you need a bit of an ego/arrogance about you to get involved in politics, particularly if you're aiming higher than the local council. Probably think they are immune to getting caught.

Very noncey behaviour.

In similar vein to the poster on here who bragged about having a 16 year old girlfriend when he was about 30, who was rightfully chased from this site, Derek McKay will disappear into obscurity.

The poster on here wasn’t tipped to be the next First Minister of Scotland IIRC.

8 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

I’m not sure what’s more creepy. MacKays messages or the vultures who have been swooping around licking their beaks for a story like this.

MacKay. 

If anyone in the UK Cabinet had done similar, the reaction would be much the same 

Edited by sparky88

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

MacKay. Hope that clears that up for you. 

If anyone in the UK Cabinet had done similar, the reaction would be much the same 

Not on here it wouldn't be. It would be completely Image result for images of going over the top ww1

The main surprise (or not) for me is that someone so utterly and incredibly thick is the Finance Minister for Scotland and in a position of significant power.

Is it any wonder that the sensible majority aren’t as gullible as the militant Nats in believing that Scotland will be in a better financial position going it alone. Look at the levels of sheer stupidity at the very top of the SNP.