The Derek Mackay texts and the Scottish Budget

Mastermind

Well, glad to see he's resigning. I met him once when he came to give a talk at my university not that long after he came out as gay. 

I don't know if it's because I try to be an attentive listener during speeches, but speakers usually look directly at me when they're talking. I did find that he was unusually fixated on me and rarely looked elsewhere. When he was done I started to leave and he came over and he asked me a few questions about myself. I don't remember what they were about, but I do remember being weirded out and thinking "You're being an idiot. Don't be homophobic." I didn't really think more of it. 

In saying that, it annoys me that newspapers wait until they can do the most damage before releasing stuff like this. Once they'd verified it, they should release. For all they know he could have been actually abusing someone else while they sat on the story. 

Being a toe curlingly creepy middle aged man is no impediment to rising to the top of the SNP.

Salmond led and his disciples follow. Can take Alex out the SNP but his legacy lives on.

Wholesale changes of culture needed at that party.

I mean, cheating on your wife with a journalist isn’t ideal but it’s in a different league to attempted rape by Salmond or creepy messages to a 16 year old boy in Mackay’s case.

Having said that this is very bad news for Sturgeon. The more the media cotton on to this it’ll be less Scottish National Party, more Scottish National Perverts.

Not the first and definately not the last MSP/MP (regards of party) to be involved in this sort of shenanigans. Do they not realise that you have to be squeaky clean in this day and age as any sort of misdemeanour will be picked up and exploited by political rivals and the media

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I meant the MSP who was accused of misbehaviour at Holyrood?  I think he was suspneded but don't know what else happened.

Resignation would suffice, imho, capital punishment seems a bit extreme (and we're told constantly that it's not a deterrent).

23 minutes ago, Lex said:

Being a toe curlingly creepy middle aged man is no impediment to rising to the top of the SNP.

Salmond led and his disciples follow. Can take Alex out the SNP but his legacy lives on.

Wholesale changes of culture needed at that party.

Lol. And your beloved Tory party are paragons of virtue?

Mckay is certainly not the first to be guilty of this, but why does he seem to think his behaviour is unacceptable for a Government Minister, but that it is acceptable for an MSP? He might not look at it that way, but by staying on as an MSP that's the message he's sending out. 

There are numerous examples of this as well. I don't get it. 

Edited by Michael W
Typos

What a fucking disgusting beast. This will further harm the SNP's reputation with all the Salmond shit still to come as well. He should be punted from the party immediately.

Edit: some of the clowns on Twitter trying to justify this by saying it's some sort of conspiracy or that '16 is legal'. Yeah, not a good look, guys.

Edited by Elixir

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Torys have covered up their fair share of noncing so not sure why Lex is delighted about this disturbing news. 

And plenty of people on here - quite rightly - were disgusted by that. However, some of them then got on their moral high horses, implying Holyrood was above such things. You'll find this sort of disgusting/reprehensible/unseemly/illegal behaviour in any organisation and any institution.

Cover ups and whataboutery and but, but, but are par for the course, unfortunately.

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Mckay is certainly not the first to be guilty of this, but why does he seem to think his behaviour is unacceptable for a Government Minister, but that it is acceptable for an MSP? He might not look at it that way, but by staying on as an MSP that's the message he's sending out. 

There are numerous examples of this as well. I don't get it. 

To keep the MSP salary, obviously. He needs booted from the SNP full stop, then like the beast Mark McDonald he'll be out on his arse next May.

8 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

He always sounded like he was reading the instructions on how to build a piece of furniture to someone who was in another room.

That's handy. Now that he's got some free time, he can come round to my house and take my place next time I've been dragged round IKEA.

It’s class that people like Carole Cadwalladr make so much grifting centrists about Putin-bots subverting our democracy while government ministers are being incredibly horny to teenagers on their easily trackable personal accounts.