The Derek Mackay texts and the Scottish Budget

Mastermind

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

But, as pointed out by several posters above, it's a sweeping (and incorrect) statement to say that the SNP showed poor judgement by appointing somebody who 'liked a drink and a good time at parties' as Finance secretary. 

If any politician in any party was excluded from high office on these criteria, there would be nobody left to fill any cabinet position. 

You're underestimating how boring most politicians are. 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Speak for yourself, I was given a pay rise after my manager was moved to tears by my hauntingly beautiful take on Dolly Parton's 9 to 5.

I am however blacklisted for construction jobs. 'We Built this City on Rock and Roll' is 'dangerous idealism' apparently.

I would have fired you for your complete lack of musical taste.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I would have fired you for your complete lack of musical taste.

This is a terrible take Pet, even worse than your Brexit ones.

9 to 5 is a beautiful homage to Marx and a perfect piece of pop by the irreplaceable Ms Parton and the other is classic 80's soft rock. By no means the best in it's genre, but certainly not the worst.

It's only fair you reveal what you choose when handed the mic on karaoke night.

9 to 5 is a beautiful homage to Marx and a perfect piece of pop by the irreplaceable Ms Parton and the other is classic 80's soft rock. By no means the best in it's genre, but certainly not the worst.
Careless Whisper by George Michael is mine.

22 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
48 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

'Guilty feet have got no rhythm'

Excellent choice.

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Certain politicians are just too big too get caught.

I have no doubt Boris is a fiddly wee beastie. But that’s fine, because he’s PM of the UK. Just as it’s fine for him to be a wife beater and a vile racist dick.

Yet more whataboutery! As I posted earlier, I have nothing but contempt for Boris Johnson but  this thread is about Derek Mackay.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

"I Want Your Sex " would be more appropriate for Mackay.

"There's things that you guess
And things that you know
There's boys you can trust
And girls that you don't
There's little things you hide
And little things that you show
Sometimes you think you're gonna get it
But you don't and that's just the way it goes"

11 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Yet more whataboutery! As I posted earlier, I have nothing but contempt for Boris Johnson but  this thread is about Derek Mackay.

A mentally sound person would be more concerned about the "whataboutery" of the authorities when it comes to high profile politicians, than their perceived "whataboutery" when it comes to someone they don't even know on the politics subsection of a football forum.

We all know where the real "whataboutery" lies and it's sheer "whataboutery" to ignore it.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

A mentally sound person would be more concerned about the "whataboutery" of the authorities when it comes to high profile politicians, than their perceived "whataboutery" when it comes to someone they don't even know on the politics subsection of a football forum.

We all know where the real "whataboutery" lies and it's sheer "whataboutery" to ignore it.

What about your bout of whataboutery about whataboutery? What’s that all about?

29 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

What about your bout of whataboutery about whataboutery? What’s that all about?

I like to think that you two cancel each other out at elections and that is repeated across the board. The alternative that either of you has any impact is too terrible to contemplate.

15 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

What? And have my own tastes subjected to judgement - like I am judging your redneck tastes? No fkn chance.

17 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

A famous Liberal PM a 100 years used to walk the streets late at night looking for hookers and take them back to No.10 

Claimed he was trying to save them by giving them a good talking to.

That'll be the Scouser with Scottish ancestry.

F**** sake

3 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Whataboutery with a side of word salad, anyone?

15 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

'Derek Mackay texting a 16 year old is OK because I think Boris Johnson might be  a beast' barely qualifies whataboutery anyway.