The Derek Mackay texts and the Scottish Budget

Mastermind

37 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What I’m saying is that it’s hardly a surprise that MacKay’s own statement has tried to downplay it, because that’s pretty much the way that everyone in the public eye reacts if they get caught up in something like this - assuming that outright denial isn’t an option.

Someone once told me that whatever the circumstances, whatever the sexuality, outright denial should always be first choice. 

Unless that is, you're actually caught in the act, and even then you'll probably think of something to say.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I guess outright denial isn’t an option when you’re telling a 16 year old he’s cute with your stupid mug attached at the top of the screen.

I suppose that is a bit of give away now you come to mention it.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sweeney on Good Morning Scotland. Seems reasonable to me if MacKay didn't instantly fess up.

I think Mr Swinney is going to be disappointed by his worst critics. They're tweeting furiously  to the surprise of nobody.  

15 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Good to see Channel 4 News leading with news of ongoing Syrian war crimes, as hospitals, including  a maternity unit in N.W. Syria being heavily bombed. The spread of conoavirus is their next news item.

Derek and the SNP are relegated to 3rd place which strikes me as much more balanced news coverage - much better than the usual shit the dear old BBC are coming up with.

3rd story on the ten o'clock news on the BBC news last night.

14 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Someone once told me that whatever the circumstances, whatever the sexuality, outright denial should always be first choice. 

Unless that is, you're actually caught in the act, and even then you'll probably think of something to say.

Shaggy always said to say... "it wasn't me"

But she caught me on the counter (It wasn't me)
Saw me bangin' on the sofa (It wasn't me)
I even had her in the shower (It wasn't me)
She even caught me on camera (It wasn't me)

1 minute ago, JT1867 said:

3rd story on the ten o'clock news on the BBC news last night.

It was their screaming headline on the 6pm news last night.

I guess these kind of stories no longer have the same lasting impact as might have been the case in the past.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

If MacKay hasn't broken any laws he should be left alone. But he should resign as an MSP as he has displayed a dreadful lack of decorum and judgement. 

Meh I’m not so sure. I don’t think WATTOO had broken any laws when explaining his nightclub behaviour but got ridiculed for it. 

John Lambies Doos (I think) gets a bit of a hard time on here for his over appreciation of the female form and one of the Inverness boys (I think) got mercilessly mocked for going solo to nightclubs. 

Correct that he has done nothing illegal but it’s definitely OFTW behaviour that surpasses anything that we see on here and treat as fair game. Just because he’s an (ex) Minister of the Government and a (now suspended) prominent member of the SNP does not, to me, mean he should be left alone.

So far, with the odd outlier, I think the discussion on here has been fairly measured and if anyone here had ‘fessed to similar there’d be screeds of posts. If anything, his prominence with the SNP seems to have the ardent supporters doing their best to limit the damage. 

Newspapers love the salacious. I looked at The National yesterday and they barely had 300 words on it. 

I’d say he is fair game. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
29 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

It was their screaming headline on the 6pm news last night.

I guess these kind of stories no longer have the same lasting impact as might have been the case in the past.

Philip Schofield has jumped into top spot, so McKay can breath a sigh of relief. 

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Meh I’m not so sure. I don’t think WATTOO had broken any laws when explaining his nightclub behaviour but got ridiculed for it. 

John Lambies Doos (I think) gets a bit of a hard time on here for his over appreciation of the female form and one of the Inverness boys (I think) got mercilessly mocked for going solo to nightclubs. 

Correct that he has done nothing illegal but it’s definitely OFTW behaviour that surpasses anything that we see on here and treat as fair game. Just because he’s an (ex) Minister of the Government and a (now suspended) prominent member of the SNP does not, to me, mean he should be left alone.

So far, with the odd outlier, I think the discussion on here has been fairly measured and if anyone here had ‘fessed to similar there’d be screeds of posts. If anything, his prominence with the SNP seems to have the ardent supporters doing their best to limit the damage. 

Newspapers love the salacious. I looked at The National yesterday and they barely had 300 words on it. 

I’d say he is fair game. 

If he has resigned and hasn't broken any laws he should be left to rot. But the chances of him being left alone are probably less odds than Liverpool are to win the league.

It would be more of a shock if Schofield came out as left-wing.

As to Mackay... jeezo. What is it with horny middle-aged men and power? If only he were royalty, he might have gotten away with it... Sturgeon right to sack him.