The Derek Mackay texts and the Scottish Budget

Mastermind

One of my learnings from P&B is that "half your age plus seven years" was the standard rule.  

What's the official line the government is taking?

BTWEm9WCIAAzmkt.png

Eta:  the boy in question is 7 years older than Mackay's 9yo son.   :unsure::green

Edited by Hedgecutter

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Not the issue.

I suppose the key issue here is that it's somebody in a position of public power grooming somebody who's bound to be impressionable, rather than the age difference per se.  There are bound to be plenty of couples out there with 26 years difference between them, although it is indeed creepy when they're still at school, especially when your own kid is too.

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Seems like senior figures felt they could get away with awfy problematic behaviour- especially considering power dynamics- without much fear of repercussion?

Whilst it is reprehensible that these events have seemingly occurred it is not unique to just the SNP. Have a look around and you will find a steaming cesspit of wrong doing.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Seems like senior figures felt they could get away with awfy problematic behaviour- especially considering power dynamics- without much fear of repercussion?

Given the SNP's history of suspending people at the faintest whiff of Scandal (Michelle Thompson for example) I doubt that. Just probably like most arseholes they don't believe they were going to get caught in the first place.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Whilst it is reprehensible that these events have seemingly occurred it is not unique to just the SNP. Have a look around and you will find a steaming cesspit of wrong doing.

:lol:

I guess the previous and possibly next First Minister being exposed as massive fucking dangers doesn't merit any further investigation into the structure they were allowed to operate in then. I'm not talking about prescribing the SNP or anything but to dismiss stuff like this because it's not "unique to them" is a bit head-in-the -sand-y.

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I guess the previous and possibly next First Minister being exposed as massive fucking dangers doesn't merit any further investigation into the structure they were allowed to operate in then. I'm not talking about prescribing the SNP or anything but to dismiss stuff like this because it's not "unique to them" is a bit head-in-the -sand-y.

It's quite possible nobody knew about his private texting. It's not like Cyril Smith where his predatory paedophilia was common knowledge amongst his colleagues. And his party leader hired a crap hitman to kill his former lover and shot his dog instead.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It isn't head in the sand at all. The two gentleman's arrogance and despicable acts can never be excused, but you are trying to make a political point that it is inherent within the SNP, when there is no evidence of this.