The Derek Mackay texts and the Scottish Budget

Mastermind

11 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

There seems to be a little doubt as to whether today’s Scottish Budget will now go ahead in light of the allegations around Derek Mackay’s texts to a boy.

Just read that, what a creepy fucker. He'll be given the bullet very soon.

What is is about people in the public eye who imagine that these things will never see the light of day or nobody will notice stuff you do on the internet?

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Interesting how the SNP deal with this. Not sure he has done anything illegal but it looks creepy as f**k a 42 year old bombarding a 16 year old with texts.

I agree. My guess is he’ll be one of the few ‘resignations’ from the Administration. Nothing illegal has happened, nothing to see here. Move along please. Sweep sweep.

Back to your old office so soon Mr Swinney? 

This is creeoy and even worse coming from a man in a position of authority. Only a few months separates this from grooming. 

If he has resigned then good. However I think this does merit investigation from the police as the behaviour shown here is worrying. 

Not in the least bit surprised by these allegations. Always thought Mackay was OFTW.

With him this month and Salmond’s trail next month, things aren’t looking great at SNP towers.

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This is creeoy and even worse coming from a man in a position of authority. Only a few months separates this from grooming. 

If he has resigned then good. However I think this does merit investigation from the police as the behaviour shown here is worrying. 

Not sure what they could investigate as there is no suggestion that any law has been broken.

Fucking hell.

Kate Forbes will deliver the budget but I doubt the finer points of fiscal policy will be getting much attention.

While it’s not illegal, it’s creepy enough that he could be looking at suspension/sitting as an independent rather than disappearing to the backbenches like Hosie; this is a different magnitude from that.

Being a toe curlingly creepy middle aged man is no impediment to rising to the top of the SNP.

Salmond led and his disciples follow. Can take Alex out the SNP but his legacy lives on.

Wholesale changes of culture needed at that party.