Jump to content

Elgin City v Cove


Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:
MEN against boys first half. Elgin very much on top
Scott Ross howler on the 2nd minute to gift Hester the opening goal. Great cross for a Bronsky header for 2-0.
Cove struggling into the wind and missing Mitch hugely. 
 
Rory looks like he has concrete in his boots!
Big second half performance needed to get anything out of this game.
 

Thanks for taking Rory off our hands, much appreciated.

I was going to create a post about his first 3 appearances prior to this game but never got round to it. 
 

He can hold it up and will get 6 yard finishes but he’s not next to no pace. I thought he would be better than what he’s showed so far. 
 

Today everyone was poor and Elgin we’re far superior and had more desire

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All round terrific performance by Elgin team. Many good individual performances and as said,in the first half if the final pass had been in our favour,we could have had 3-4.  Cove are a good football side going forward but their defence is very shaky. 

Good and unexpected 3 points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Elginstreetbadger said:

All round terrific performance by Elgin team. Many good individual performances and as said,in the first half if the final pass had been in our favour,we could have had 3-4.  Cove are a good football side going forward but their defence is very shaky. 

Good and unexpected 3 points.

Even going forward today we showed nothing sadly.

Also, Fyvie was terrible and had his petulant kick out yellow card.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought Fyvie & McAllister were awful today. McAllister has the turning circle of a ferry and just ambles about trying to flick balls on. Fyvie for a player of that ability didn't show any interest in demanding the ball when Cove needed him. That kick out was a disgrace and should have resulted in a straight red card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Elginstreetbadger said:

All round terrific performance by Elgin team. Many good individual performances and as said,in the first half if the final pass had been in our favour,we could have had 3-4.  Cove are a good football side going forward but their defence is very shaky. 

Good and unexpected 3 points.

Scott Ross 2nd minute  🤦‍♂️ . Summed up our defending 

 

4 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:I thought Fyvie & McAllister were awful today. McAllister has the turning circle of a ferry and just ambles about trying to flick balls on. Fyvie for a player of that ability didn't show any interest in demanding the ball when Cove needed him. That kick out was a disgrace and should have resulted in a straight red card.

Completely agree with all you said; it’s a fair assessment.

McAllister - all time leading SPFL scorer maybe but looks the shadow of that player now.

Fyvie - poor distribution, poor attitude and got took off before he got sent off.

Josh Mulligan and Broque, our 2 other January signings, were playing today honestly. You probably didn’t see them though!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cove shown up to be a team of individuals.
When things don't go their way they become petulant and heads down.
Pleasing.

MacAllister lucky to stay on the pitch in my book. He got booked for moaning that he hadn't been given a foul, and then applauded the ref for doing so.
Fyvie lucky too. Should've been booked I the first half.

Elgin were very good all round.
When we face up to a team we are as good as any in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

Cove shown up to be a team of individuals.
When things don't go their way they become petulant and heads down.
Pleasing.

MacAllister lucky to stay on the pitch in my book. He got booked for moaning that he hadn't been given a foul, and then applauded the ref for doing so.
Fyvie lucky too. Should've been booked I the first half.

Elgin were very good all round.
When we face up to a team we are as good as any in the league.

I thought Rory did get fouled and it was a free kick but don’t moan about it like that to the ref.

 

Yep Fyvie lucky to stay on.

Always said Elgin are a very good side for his league and will have a brilliant chance to get promoted via the playoffs. I hope you guys do go up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every Elgin player turned up today. Thoroughly deserved win and shows what we are capable of. Fyvie very lucky to escape a straight red for a cynical foul. Bronsky MOM, but could
Have picked any one of the Elgin side. Rory Mcewan is a young lad who looks better every time I see him and the defence has a much calmer look to it with the young lad from Dundee U standing out. Weekend made

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every Elgin player turned up today. Thoroughly deserved win and shows what we are capable of. Fyvie very lucky to escape a straight red for a cynical foul. Bronsky MOM, but could
Have picked any one of the Elgin side. Rory Mcewan is a young lad who looks better every time I see him and the defence has a much calmer look to it with the young lad from Dundee U standing out. Weekend made
Totally agree. Rory was really good today. So cool on the ball. Also thought Soapy was a lot better than he has been today. Hester was key for me. What a shift he put in. Was still chasing lost causes In injury time. The amount of times he took balls in knowing well defenders were going to come through the back of him was very impressive aswell. Outstanding
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super performance from Elgin who went about Cove right from the start. Cove are good going forward but are poor defensively. I thought Bronsky, Graham ( an outstanding young loan signing ), Mc Hale whose handling was excellent and Hester were our outstanding performers for the whole game though the others had their moments as well. This should give confidence to the team but a win against Q Park next week is a must to keep momentum. Well done City today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Scott Ross 2nd minute  🤦‍♂️ . Summed up our defending 

 

Completely agree with all you said; it’s a fair assessment.

McAllister - all time leading SPFL scorer maybe but looks the shadow of that player now.

Fyvie - poor distribution, poor attitude and got took off before he got sent off.

Josh Mulligan and Broque, our 2 other January signings, were playing today honestly. You probably didn’t see them though!!

Do you really think Peterhead would have let McAllister go if he offered something?

Couldn’t believe the excitement at Cove when he signed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Do you really think Peterhead would have let McAllister go if he offered something?

Couldn’t believe the excitement at Cove when he signed.

I must admit I thought it was a promising signing but it’s been an underwhelming start in my opinion. He will get some goals and help Mitch but from what I’ve seen so far L2 might be his limit especially given his age now and I think everyone was shocked by the 3.5 year deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...