Elgin City v Cove

Great win and all players put in a great shift. Defended really well Bronsky, Graham and Mchale stand outs for me although maybe unfair to pick out individuals in a great team performance. Thought we managed the second half really well. Graham looks a player and will be some unit when he fills out. Only down side is the Sutherland injury, hopefully not as bad as it looks but potentially season ending for him.

No-one was flawless today, far from it. But the pleasing thing is how hard the team worked. When the midfield gave it away they sprinted back and got a tackle in. When the defenders lost their man they got back into position to make a block. Shane and Kane ran tirelessly. I think the 2nd and 3rd goals typify this. Cove have might have some impressive names in their team but I thought we wanted it far more than them which allowed us to dominate the first half. Hard to pick out individuals in such a good team performance but there are two I'd like to mention. O'Keefe has slowly won me over in recent months and I thought he was superb today. Retained possession well when isolated and was a real threat when running to the bye-line. And McEwan looks more and more composed in every game he plays. Sometimes a bit too keen to play maybe but he's young and will learn. Huge game next week and a last trip so see QP at Hampden. Can't wait.

19 minutes ago, afca32 said:

No-one was flawless today, far from it. But the pleasing thing is how hard the team worked. When the midfield gave it away they sprinted back and got a tackle in. When the defenders lost their man they got back into position to make a block. Shane and Kane ran tirelessly. I think the 2nd and 3rd goals typify this. Cove have might have some impressive names in their team but I thought we wanted it far more than them which allowed us to dominate the first half. Hard to pick out individuals in such a good team performance but there are two I'd like to mention. O'Keefe has slowly won me over in recent months and I thought he was superb today. Retained possession well when isolated and was a real threat when running to the bye-line. And McEwan looks more and more composed in every game he plays. Sometimes a bit too keen to play maybe but he's young and will learn. Huge game next week and a last trip so see QP at Hampden. Can't wait.

So do you think Elgin or QP are headed for promotion or are you unaware QP have been granted an extension at Hampden till Dec 2020 ?

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Well done Elgin

did John Sheran and his merry band of Directors take a doing well,? if so, it’s. A first 😂

Your obsession with all things Cove is amusing but from personal experience I spoke to John Sheerin at Cove at our last game and  found him pleasant and generous as a host and on speaking to a committee member of Elgin today he said there committee were “brand new” . 

Elgin do really look threat up the park, wasn't too surprised by the result, keeps the league interesting too but wasn't the ideal result for us, giving Elgin are one of couple chasing this top 4 spot, Cove vs Edinburgh will be cracker next week if it survives the weather, Cove's home record is very good & Edinburgh will need to get 3 points I feel

Your obsession with all things Cove is amusing but from personal experience I spoke to John Sheerin at Cove at our last game and  found him pleasant and generous as a host and on speaking to a committee member of Elgin today he said there committee were “brand new” . 

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Quick look at the Stenny V Cowden thread and big lex has 0 comments....Strange that!

9 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

They must have changed them then, they don’t seem to have any other fans. As for Sheerin, I’m sure at your last game you didn’t win

9 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

I spoke to a few of them in the social club yesterday and they were as you say"brand new".

I also had a conversation with one of the committee at the first meeting of the season at BB while he was getting his P & B from Bert's  hut and he was pleasant enough. I did find it strange though that he was buying his own P & B and did ask him why he was not up enjoying hospitality but  he did not elaborate. 

I think there is an underlying current against Cove  that they are doing a TNS and buying the league,especially in their first season and that comes through on social media. Whether justified or not that is their prerogative how they run their club.

I can assure everyone that when my 6 numbers come up on a Friday/Saturday night and I buy Mr Robertson's shareholding, that I will still talk to you and post occasionally on P & B⚽⚽⚽

Now that's some statement of intent! Three wins on the bounce & performance of the season to beat the runaway league leaders. Standard is set now, so need to keep at or around that level to ensure securing at least fourth place. Other results pretty much all went Elgin's way aswell. Cracking Saturday! 🙂

1 hour ago, Highland ITFC said:

Now that's some statement of intent! Three wins on the bounce & performance of the season to beat the runaway league leaders. Standard is set now, so need to keep at or around that level to ensure securing at least fourth place. Other results pretty much all went Elgin's way aswell. Cracking Saturday! 🙂

I fancy Elgin to get 3rd spot. Two big performances in the next couple of games could really shake up the playoff spots. Got the team for it. 
Cowdenbeath are starting to drop points after a strong first half of the season. I don’t think Cowden will fall away though

Edited by CoveRangers1922

16 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Well done Elgin

did John Sheran and his merry band of Directors take a doing well,? if so, it’s. A first 😂

If they were well behaved they must have been reading P + B, because they have been getting a real doing on here, all of which they deserved. 

Embarrassing wording in that report. Windy conditions? Do Elgin normally play in Alaska and Cove in Tenerife? It's the very same for both teams. As for claiming the pitch is bumpy? Complete nonsense. Stinks of sour grapes.