Albion vs brechin

From our own experience, I would say it’s getting close to Brechin accepting bottom place and then preparing for the play off by settling on a team and system to win that game.

in our case the fans united behind the team and it helped massively.

bickering about what happened in the past doesn’t help or matter now.

good luck guys, the thought of relegation is horrendous and we shouldn’t lose any more teams from the spfl to teams who are funded by millionaires who got fed up of their train sets.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

From our own experience, I would say it’s getting close to Brechin accepting bottom place and then preparing for the play off by settling on a team and system to win that game.

in our case the fans united behind the team and it helped massively.

bickering about what happened in the past doesn’t help or matter now.

good luck guys, the thought of relegation is horrendous and we shouldn’t lose any more teams from the spfl to teams who are funded by millionaires who got fed up of their train sets.

We accepted that long ago. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Great result especially as we weren't great for most of the first half. Indeed, I was beginning to think Brechin wanted it more but thankfully we pulled the old sucker punch of a goal either side of half time and gained lots of confidence from that. It actually could have been six in the end.

Byrne was official man of the match and he's an absolute handful to play against; constantly backing in against defenders and trying to get them turned. I was unsure about him last season as his finishing wasn't great but he's really kicked on and has 11 for the season now. Honourable mentions go to the very-talented Scally, and Scott Roberts for a belter of a goal. I won't forget Morena either whose hard graft lets everyone else play.

Brechin looked doomed, I'm afraid, and much like Berwick last season, I take no pleasure in that as we're always likely to be close to the trap-door ourselves. They were o.k in the first half but once behind their hearts went out of it. It was surprising to see players with beer bellies as that sort of thing has pretty much disappeared from this level as improved professionalism has trickled down over the last 10-15 years. To be fair, neither player was stand-out bad but the questions would be how committed are they and what expectations do the Brechin management have of them.

I missed the game but naturally delighted with the result. Brechin in a similar or possibly worse position than us this time last year so City fans have our empathy. When my notifications cane up with goals either side of half time I thought the game was up. I really hope we can start looking up the table now. Massive game next week at Stenny.

What are City fans thoughts ? Are they resigned to bottom spot and ultimate relegation. The stars aligned for Rovers last year but Berwick being so utterly shite ultimately was a main factor in us staying up. Rovers are better than last year , we only signed one player in January but the plus point is we are playing a fairly settled team who work their bollocks off.