Albion vs brechin

1 minute ago, charlie king mvp said:

That was a fluke. The decline had set in before then really.  I honestly believe we would have been in this position a year ago if we hadn’t won that playoff.

I would imagine that the 'joke club' tag following the Championship season would have affected the recruitment process somewhat as who wants to tell their friends / colleagues that they play for the only club not to win a game for a season?!

It was indeed a fluke though as we were also the only team to gain promotion despite losing more games than we won, winning both playoffs legs on penalties.  The Smokies are doing well this season, but unlike us, they actually romped the league last season. 

The same people who made the successful decisions for 30 plus years when the test of Angus were stuck behind us.
Yes a couple of poor appointments have landed us in. Think most part time teams r only a few bad choices from the shite.

What changed then?

Surely bad doesn't do it justice, horrendous appointments that have been given far too long.

The Wilson ones totally bizarre considering the circumstances you were in no matter what way you try dress it up.

I'm not even trying to have a go here it's genuinely frustrating me after seeing that score today (not the result just the score and how the game was over an hour in) in such a big game.

I would imagine that the 'joke club' tag following the Championship season would have affected the recruitment process somewhat as who wants to tell their friends / colleagues that they play for the only club not to win a game for a season?!
It was indeed a fluke though as we were also the only team to gain promotion despite losing more games than we won, winning both playoffs legs on penalties.  The Smokies are doing well this season, but unlike us, they actually romped the league last season. 

Appreciate the point you're making here but really wish folk would stop comparing Arbroath and Brechin. Two totally different clubs and circumstances who just happen to be from the same county.

I said when the play offs were introduced that it's farcical a team can finish fourth in a ten team league and still go up. This farce has really cost Brechin. 

Great comeback today from Rovers and the best goal I've seen live in a long time from Scott Roberts, a swivel volley into the roof of the net from ten yards.

Felt heart sorry for the fifty or so Brechin fans that made the trip. Hope they all get home safe.

2 hours ago, Citytillidie said:

Mismanagement from the boardroom level and a couple of bad appointments over the past 3 years have led us where we are today.If we go down we need a complete clearout starting at boardroom level

For several years there are folk who keep saying that change needs to happen at the top.

Every year the agm cones round and these same folk are silent. Nobody ever challenges the committee.

I for one would not want to do it. 

It's a thankless task. Bever heard anyone singing their praises when we were doing well.

So put up or shut up.

3 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Was Brechin's big mistake to have the audacity of gaining promotion to the Championship?

2 hours ago, Owsley said:

I said when the play offs were introduced that it's farcical a team can finish fourth in a ten team league and still go up. This farce has really cost Brechin.

No. This is a myth. Winning only 13 games out of 59 (league only) since we were relegated from the championship has ‘really cost Brechin’. We were not equipped for the championship but that could likely be said of any team that scraped up through the playoffs having finished fourth - the squad was never likely to be competitive with just a handful of additions. The committee made an investment decision that with hindsight made us look a bit foolish for that season - it was a tough watch and I don’t think anyone would make the same choices again if (unlikely I know) we found ourselves in the same place - but I can understand why they made that choice. What has happened in the last season and a half can’t be attributed to that. Most of the playing staff have changed out twice. This is down to poor management (Wilson has delivered almost 0 improvement) and poor performance from the players. Wasn’t at the game today but anecdotally the performance that was desperately required didn’t materialise. Extremely disappointing for those who have dug into their own pockets for the ‘Fighting Fund’ if the XI on the pitch can’t come up with a bit of fight of their own (although I will stand corrected if anyone wants to come on here and tell me we were unlucky to be gubbed 4-1). So now we prepare for a playoff shootout? Would be interesting to know how the players plan to approach the next 13 games

8 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Sorry but that was about the time when the real cracks started appearing . Since then it has been a constant re- papering job.  No long term plans put in place  despite many questions being asked. 

That may be the case but you've got to be thinking who can get you out of this mess. Wilson certainly wont. Desperate measures now I'm afraid.