Multiple players with same name in a match

GNU_Linux

On 11/02/2020 at 17:18, microdave said:
On 07/02/2020 at 22:37, The Nightfly said:
Dumbarton of course had the three Coyle brothers in their team, though I think only ever two at a time.

Correct. Joe had left by the time Owen made his debut.

I'm sure that I have a memory of them all playing in a game once, was a friendly i think

37 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I'm sure that I have a memory of them all playing in a game once, was a friendly i think

Joe's final game was in August 1985 with Owen making his debut in February 1986 but Owen was on the books for quite a while so it's entirely feasible that they all played a friendly. I was 10/11 back then so my memory of all things DFC at that point isn't brilliant.

Just now, microdave said:

Joe's final game was in August 1985 with Owen making his debut in February 1986 but Owen was on the books for quite a while so it's entirely feasible that they all played a friendly. I was 10/11 back then so my memory of all things DFC at that point isn't brilliant.

Owen was on the books in the premier division season of 84/85 so it might have been a reserve game that year. It's just a vague memory though

Last Season East Fife played St. Johnstone in the League Cup and Saints’ Chris Kane got his arse kicked by East Fife Legend Chris Kane!!!

• 1 month later...

Not the same full names but we had a shitload of Scotts at the club a few years ago. Linton, Ferguson, McManus, McMann, Durie, McLaughlin and probably 1 or 2 more I've forgotten. Can't remember exactly how many of them would've been at the club/been on a pitch at the same time.

• 4 months later...

Ian Ferguson (St Mirren, Rangers) played against Iain Ferguson (Rangers, Dundee United, Hearts) and may have played against Ian Ferguson (Raith) as well.

There were two Kevin Morrisons in the East of Scotland League a few years ago, one played for Edinburgh City.

If Artur Numan had played against a trialist it would have been, in the old newspaper reports style, A Numan against A Newman.

Buckie Thistle and Deveronvale both have a player called Sam Robertson on their books, and most recently both were subbed on in the league meeting between the two sides at Princess Royal Park last September. The Buckie one is 3 and 0 against his namesake. 

• 3 weeks later...