Binos v El Cathcarticos

Assuming no penalties or reds against Stirling , I will be surprised if QP score 2. I notice QP have been losing late goals, while Stirling have been finishing strongly. Don't leave early and miss all the fun.
Late goals indeed. Couldn't see us scoring for the first 70 minutes then Stirling's day caved in.

Absolutely scunnered after that, days like this just make me want to give up on football.

Fair play to QP, they used the conditions better than we did but bloody hell that defeat was harsh, and I’m not sure what the “title winning celebrations” were all about when the second goal went in and at the full time whistle.

I thought a draw probably would have been a fair result, but we were the better team in the first half.

We seen Dylan Bikey probably have his best half since coming back to the club, and showed the type of form that won him his move to Hearts in the first place. When he came on against Elgin a few weeks back, I commented on his he has now managed to win the ball on the air, this week he scored a cracker of a header and the joy was there for all to see.

I’m so glad there were 2 referee assessors sitting just along from me, and I sincerely hope their notepad is full of notes because Graham Beaton was close to hopeless.

The 2 penalty decisions changed the game for us, and both were stonewall era from where I was sitting. Bikey’s run in the box was blocked and then barged over, the second was a clear handball with both hands....how can that not be a penalty? No wonder KR was incensed. These decisions cost jobs.

Ultimately the QP win game from them using the elements better than we did and some horrendous individual errors.

Week on week we give the ball away cheaply and today was no different. Sadly for the young keeper Nicky Hogarth, he’ll have nightmares about Grant’s shot that squirmed through him, under him and into the goal, but fair play to Grant, from a young age you’re told to hit shots on days like this and that’s exactly why.

What Creaney was doing for the 3rd goal, who knows, he really let himself and his team down with that, but you can’t be too harsh on him as he has played well this season and the game was already gone, but it was embarrassing for him.

Today just showed that we have no plan b on how to play. The tactic of hitting through balls to the strikers didn’t work in the second half, due to the weather, yet we continued to do it and the service to Bikey and Duffy.

Another home game and another defeat, great!

12 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Fair play to QP, they used the conditions better than we did but bloody hell that defeat was harsh, and I’m not sure what the “title winning celebrations” were all about when the second goal went in and at the full time whistle.

mrw GIF

12 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Absolutely scunnered after that, days like this just make me want to give up on football.

I thought a draw probably would have been a fair result, but we were the better team in the first half.

We seen Dylan Bikey probably have his best half since coming back to the club, and showed the type of form that won him his move to Hearts in the first place. When he came on against Elgin a few weeks back, I commented on his he has now managed to win the ball on the air, this week he scored a cracker of a header and the joy was there for all to see.

I’m so glad there were 2 referee assessors sitting just along from me, and I sincerely hope their notepad is full of notes because Graham Beaton was close to hopeless.

The 2 penalty decisions changed the game for us, and both were stonewall era from where I was sitting. Bikey’s run in the box was blocked and then barged over, the second was a clear handball with both hands....how can that not be a penalty? No wonder KR was incensed. These decisions cost jobs.

Ultimately the QP win game from them using the elements better than we did and some horrendous individual errors.

Week on week we give the ball away cheaply and today was no different. Sadly for the young keeper Nicky Hogarth, he’ll have nightmares about Grant’s shot that squirmed through him, under him and into the goal, but fair play to Grant, from a young age you’re told to hit shots on days like this and that’s exactly why.

What Creaney was doing for the 3rd goal, who knows, he really let himself and his team down with that, but you can’t be too harsh on him as he has played well this season and the game was already gone, but it was embarrassing for him.

Today just showed that we have no plan b on how to play. The tactic of hitting through balls to the strikers didn’t work in the second half, due to the weather, yet we continued to do it and the service to Bikey and Duffy.

Another home game and another defeat, great!

Not allowed to celebrate a goal nah ? A late winner from an absolute howler, of course the players are gonna go nuts. Hate when fans criticise a team for celebrating

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

Not allowed to celebrate a goal nah ? A late winner from an absolute howler, of course the players are gonna go nuts. Hate when fans criticise a team for celebrating

Exactly. How exactly are you supposed to celebrate taking the lead late in a game you trailed in? Context of keeping the run going and overtaking the team above us, knowing we're playing the team above us again next week. Total sour grapes stuff. 

Brilliant! Neither team were going to create anything against the wind, but QP made a better job of it. Difficult to assess the midfield line up in those conditions I thought, but pleased all round with the effort, esp for Kieran Moore.

Have to applaud Stirling's goal though, nicely placed cross and a perfect header.

The big difference was that the weather got worse in the second half and QP took advantage of it.

True it got worse in the second half but it was helped by mistakes we made for 2 of the 3 goals. The fact is after a good first half we shoot ourselves in the foot again at home. That’s the fact and for that we did not deserve anything. Onwards to Cowdenbeath next week and hope our form away from home continues or it’s goodbye to the playoffs this season.

Exactly. How exactly are you supposed to celebrate taking the lead late in a game you trailed in? Context of keeping the run going and overtaking the team above us, knowing we're playing the team above us again next week. Total sour grapes stuff. 

I think he was referring to a chant about us “going up” not the epic scenes. As one who advocates no Billy Big Boots I’m sure you’ll agree it was a tad premature.

It’s a shame that was the focus for him though. I’m sure there are few clubs who bring such numbers to add to Stirling’s coffers.

Brilliant! Neither team were going to create anything against the wind, but QP made a better job of it. Difficult to assess the midfield line up in those conditions I thought, but pleased all round with the effort, esp for Kieran Moore.

Have to applaud Stirling's goal though, nicely placed cross and a perfect header.

Their no. 10 was a standout. Definitely a pen in the first half. Bit of luck for us for once.

Kieran Moore’s one of the cleverest players we have. Can’t bustle like Sal but his knack of finding space in the box is great to watch. His second goal was a treat, especially as some would have headed for the corner flag at that point in the game.

Peter Grant’s precision pass into the corner of the net was as good a strike as I’ve seen all day. Inspirational!

I think he was referring to a chant about us “going up” not the epic scenes. As one who advocates no Billy Big Boots I’m sure you’ll agree it was a tad premature.

It’s a shame that was the focus for him though. I’m sure there are few clubs who bring such numbers to add to Stirling’s coffers.

Thanks Bring Your Own Socks, that’s exactly what I was referring to. I have absolutely no problem with the goal celebrations, that’s football and that’s the passion (and some times relief) coming through from both players and fans and that’s great to see. It was those chanting that I was referring too.

Great to see such a big away support through and other than Clyde and Stenny a few years back, I don’t think I have seen such numbers by any other team.

I’ve got nothing against Queens Park and think McKinnon has done a good job so far. You look better now than under Roberts but each of the 3 games have been tight and enjoyable so far this season, so I wasn’t having a dig. I’m just not sure where some of the chants came from once the second goal went in, that’s all.

New signings once again showing up well. Again, I’d say MacLean was our most dangerous players, constantly getting by his man and putting in some decent crosses. Very impressed with Doig, got a bit of size about him for an 18 year old and looks an upgrade on Summers based on what I’ve seen. Special mention to Kieran Moore as he seems to be maturing more as a player, adding goals to his game in recent times and his 2nd goal today was a quality finish. King put in a great shift aswell considering he’s never met the team until today. Buzzing to see the team gel more and more and thankfully going by Mckinnon’s interview, Slater won’t be out for too long

40 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Actually missed today. My assumption from the post was that we were just going daft. One of the few I haven't made this season and it sounds like it was a cracking end. Nearly wore the battery down hitting refresh.