Binos v El Cathcarticos

It’s a New Dawn.

With our first ever January Window signing frenzy over it’s now back to the Saturday lottery of League 2. It’s that time of year when any team getting a bit of a run together will find themselves moving up the table jildy quick.

It’ll be tight but our defence looks in good shape and the attack just needs a bit more focus for those tricky one yard tap-ins. We’ve enough to win this.

2-1 to the visitors.

10 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It’s a New Dawn.

With our first ever January Window signing frenzy over it’s now back to the Saturday lottery of League 2. It’s that time of year when any team getting a bit of a run together will find themselves moving up the table jildy quick.

It’ll be tight but our defence looks in good shape and the attack just needs a bit more focus for those tricky one yard tap-ins. We’ve enough to win this.

2-1 to the visitors.

Big game for both teams on Saturday, both on the same points but The Binos have a better goal difference. If we are really serious about getting to the playoffs this year we NEED to start winning games at home expect us to win this Saturday and possibly overtake Elgin if results go our way. It will be tight but expect us to win by the odd goal.

Prediction Binos 2  Spiders 1  😊

Like us, Stirling can either be sugar or shite. Impressive win at Edinburgh last week that they'll be looking to build on, but we'll also be looking to build on recent good form. 

Like most games in this league, I would expect a very tight game and it's one where none of the possible outcomes would come as a surprise. Wouldn't be disappointed with a draw just to keep the unbeaten run going. 

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

Like us, Stirling can either be sugar or shite. Impressive win at Edinburgh last week that they'll be looking to build on, but we'll also be looking to build on recent good form. 

Like most games in this league, I would expect a very tight game and it's one where none of the possible outcomes would come as a surprise. Wouldn't be disappointed with a draw just to keep the unbeaten run going. 

Agree predicting the outcome is a mug's game. A win for us would be great.

21 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

We could have easily had 2 or 3 more on Saturday. If the strikers bury the simple chances then we'll be comfy. No Slater will be a shame but we've still got the guns to win. 

Ray to go 5 unbeaten with a win here. QP 2-0.

Conversely, they hit the post and Wullie Muir's heroics saved us at the death. I don't think we've done anything close to earning the right to assume we might be "comfy" against anyone, never mind a side currently above us in the table. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Conversely, they hit the post and Wullie Muir's heroics saved us at the death. I don't think we've done anything close to earning the right to assume we might be "comfy" against anyone, never mind a side currently above us in the table. 

If we're discussing Willie and saves, we need to balance it out and admit it was his flap that caused them to hit the post.

I like my optimism. it's now 4-0 QP. 

34 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

If we're discussing Willie and saves, we need to balance it out and admit it was his flap that caused them to hit the post.

I like my optimism. it's now 4-0 QP. 

Yes, it was. Not sure what relevance that has to the point of only counting our chances and completely ignoring those of the other team, though. 

The relevance is that their best chance and the one you highlighted wasn't even their doing, it was a QP error.

Also, if Sal had scored both his tap ins and it was 3-0 then it would most certainly have been a comfy scenario.

So, I'll revert to my previous comment, if the strikers bury their simple chances, we'll be comfy. 

43 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

The relevance is that their best chance and the one you highlighted wasn't even their doing, it was a QP error.

Also, if Sal had scored both his tap ins and it was 3-0 then it would most certainly have been a comfy scenario.

So, I'll revert to my previous comment, if the strikers bury their simple chances, we'll be comfy. 

Cowdenbeath, as every team on the planet would, will argue that our chances came from their weaknesses as well. 

I certainly believe we can win the game, as we did at Forthbank earlier in the season, but nothing during the league season, so far, has suggested that there's much in it between us and Stirling. 

If we don't show respect to our opponents on the park we'll get exactly what we deserve. If we don't show respect off it, we'll just look like every other Billy Big Baws attitude club who suddenly think they are Liverpool because they have a few quid. Just sets us up for a big fall. 

Cowdenbeath, as every team on the planet would, will argue that our chances came from their weaknesses as well. 
I certainly believe we can win the game, as we did at Forthbank earlier in the season, but nothing during the league season, so far, has suggested that there's much in it between us and Stirling. 
If we don't show respect to our opponents on the park we'll get exactly what we deserve. If we don't show respect off it, we'll just look like every other Billy Big Baws attitude club who suddenly think they are Liverpool because they have a few quid. Just sets us up for a big fall. 

QP 6-0.

1 minute ago, Hampden Diehard said:

.... and then ease off in the second half.

Looking forward to seeing our new-look team. There was a bit of confidence about us last week.

Ahh, finally, someone with a sense of humour. 

We did look sharp, looking forward to it. 

High winds and rain though, hoofball would be a foolish option (as it always is).