KEEPING THE BALL ON THE GROUND

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure what your definition of "articulate" is, but a grown adult who continually uses the phrase "uh huh" during an interview probably wouldn't qualify for me.

I'd much rather listen to a guy who's played at a decent level who uses colloquial phrases whilst still getting his point across than "journalists" giving their vanilla opinions on tv.

12 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Just realised the third is Kevin Kyle (didn’t watch the video thankfully). One of Scotland’s only living Brain Donors I’m sure.

In the limited amount I've seen from them, Kyle appeared to be the brains of the operation.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure what your definition of "articulate" is, but a grown adult who continually uses the phrase "uh huh" during an interview probably wouldn't qualify for me.

Mm hmm.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

Read Scottish football Twitter. Visit The Bears' Den. Take a look at the absolute nick of the type of people getting on Old Firm supporters buses in places like East Kilbride every week.

There's a huge bam market out there.

1 hour ago, Marsh said:

I'd much rather listen to a guy who's played at a decent level who uses colloquial phrases whilst still getting his point across than "journalists" giving their vanilla opinions on tv.

Who needs twitter?

1 hour ago, Marsh said:

Decent level - Swindon Town and Peterhead?

Being a footballer as Sportsound prove is not a ringing endorsement. I find their stuff utterly awful as other have said it appeals to the bam market. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

When he’s serious and starts talking about tactics etc, it’s clear he knows what he is talking about tbf. 
While i listen/watch both, i prefer AVFTT. Which is probably down to OG having Slaney and Kevin Kyle who is slower than Stephen Hawkings legs. 

Listen to both this and the Terrace every week and enjoy both. Although they are both Scottish Football podcasts, they definetly cater to different audiences but both are good for Scottish Football. Open Goals interviews really depend on who hes interviewing but the majority of them have been very good. 

I have to agree though, Paul Slanes patter is geniunly quite horrific and would be an utter pain in the arse to go have a pint with.

The thumbnails on YouTube always show "Si' and his guest cracking up to make sure the bams know there is going to be plenty of #bantz from the #ladz. I'm sure I mentioned it on another thread but one of the biggest annoyances in the interviews is the OF focus, there was a guy on before who I'm sure played the majority of his career in England, 5 minutes at Celtic then moved on to play overseas, either in Australia or the MLS, of course the majority of the interview was about the 5 minutes spent at Celtic.

Shouldn't really be too surprised, Ferry and Slane like to see themselves as ex-Celtic players, despite making one first team appearance between them. Kevin Kyle bizarrely seems to see himself as a Hearts hero  after his 20 odd games there.  The interviews are also only as good as the interviewee, the Jimmy Nicholl one was awful, drunk uncle getting vague flashbacks.

And anyone that finds Paul Slane funny is guaranteed to own a Mrs Brown's Boys DVD 

The thumbnails on YouTube always show "Si' and his guest cracking up to make sure the bams know there is going to be plenty of #bantz from the #ladz. I'm sure I mentioned it on another thread but one of the biggest annoyances in the interviews is the OF focus, there was a guy on before who I'm sure played the majority of his career in England, 5 minutes at Celtic then moved on to play overseas, either in Australia or the MLS, of course the majority of the interview was about the 5 minutes spent at Celtic.
Shouldn't really be too surprised, Ferry and Slane like to see themselves as ex-Celtic players, despite making one first team appearance between them. Kevin Kyle bizarrely seems to see himself as a Hearts hero  after his 20 odd games there.  The interviews are also only as good as the interviewee, the Jimmy Nicholl one was awful, drunk uncle getting vague flashbacks.
And anyone that finds Paul Slane funny is guaranteed to own a Mrs Brown's Boys DVD 

Kyle was pretty decent for us tbf, also scored a late winner in a derby so is a hero imo.

Open Goal has sold out the hydro so there’s obviously a market for it and it has a lot of supporters. I prefer the terrace but I don’t mind OG, a harmless laugh with the occasional decent football chat.

Open Goal has sold out the hydro so there’s obviously a market for it and it has a lot of supporters. I prefer the terrace but I don’t mind OG, a harmless laugh with the occasional decent football chat.

It definitely has an audience, the same knuckle draggers that fill Ibrox and Parkhead each week.

7 hours ago, paranoid android said:

The one thing I'll say for Simon Ferry  is that he seems to make people feel relaxed enough to speak openly.

I like Kyle's honesty.

I'm less keen on The Terrace's attempts to over-intellectualise a very simple sport.

I find Paul Slane funny. 

I'm not a fan of Mrs Brown. 

Correct. On all counts.

11 hours ago, gannonball said:

I like both but the sound is often terrible on keeping it on the ground. The background noise and laughing right in to their mics makes it unbearable at times. Si’s interviews are far better.

Only seen about 10 minutes of the terrace one and never seen the other. I felt that I had walked in on my son and his mates. They are all pleasant enough, but I wouldn't want to hang about with them too long and expect the feeling is mutual.