KEEPING THE BALL ON THE GROUND

I usually trust the posting of paranoid android, but you'll have to do more to convince me to watch a video with those three in it. 
(disclaimer: I have never seen a view to the terrace and generally cringe at the board with the messages on it)

Just realised the third is Kevin Kyle (didn’t watch the video thankfully). One of Scotland’s only living Brain Donors I’m sure.

His interviews are too generic for my liking

Be some characters in that dressing room...

Do you think that’s what’s wrong with young players nowadays? 

Did your manager let yous out on the lash? 

Tbf I quite like some of the interviews and usually listen to the Weekly pod but I was astonished it got a do at the Hydro.

The Twitter page is full of crawlers as well.  “Excellent as usual Si. “ “Slaney is god” meh meh meh

8 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

(disclaimer: I have never seen a view to the terrace and generally cringe at the board with the messages on it)

Indeed, unpopular opinions thread for this pish but there is an element of arse licking goes on with the Terrace posters on here which is a bit cringe.

I do like the podcast though so lads, if you read this, please like me.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Indeed, unpopular opinions thread for this pish but there is an element of arse licking goes on with the Terrace posters on here which is a bit cringe.

I do like the podcast though so lads, if you read this, please like me.

f**k off mate, I don't want to be your pal.

I generally like the interviews - yes they're quite generic, but he often manages to get more out of the players, probably because he is a footballer himself. The best example of that was when Garry O'Connor inadvertently admitted to blood doping in his episode. I do pick and choose them though - if it's just someone who played for Rangers or Celtic all their career I tend to give it a miss.

The content with Slane and Kyle is very very much not for me though.

It's astonishing that the Terrace lads are even being spoken about in the same breath as these three brain dead c***s. I get the Terrace may be a bit "hipstery" for some folk, but they actually do analysis of the Scottish game and give all levels of the game a fairly equal billing. The Open Goal "lads" (because that's their demographic) are focused on the Old Firm for the majority, their patter generally revolves around how drunk folk were or how "mental" a night out was and Paul Slane is absolutely insufferable, I cannot fathom how people find that whole bam act funny. A guy who is literally only known for pissing away his football career and being a dick.

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's astonishing that the Terrace lads are even being spoken about in the same breath as these three brain dead c***s. I get the Terrace may be a bit "hipstery" for some folk, but they actually do analysis of the Scottish game and give all levels of the game a fairly equal billing. The Open Goal "lads" (because that's their demographic) are focused on the Old Firm for the majority, their patter generally revolves around how drunk folk were or how "mental" a night out was and Paul Slane is absolutely insufferable, I cannot fathom how people find that whole bam act funny. A guy who is literally only known for pissing away his football career and being a dick.

Read Scottish football Twitter. Visit The Bears' Den. Take a look at the absolute nick of the type of people getting on Old Firm supporters buses in places like East Kilbride every week.

There's a huge bam market out there.

The Terrace Podcast has its moments, but I think it is over-rated by a lot of people due to its main comparison point being Sportsound or Super Scoreboard. I don't feel I get a lot more illuminating stuff from it than I do from my mates. Kind of drifted away from it in recent months without really noticing.

Si Ferry strikes me as someone it would be pure torture to go for a pint with and his show is generally not for me, but I agree with the point above that he does get decent stuff out of his interviews from time to time. It's obvious that the players trust him and the older guys that know him from football seem to have a soft spot for him.

Edited by JTS98

I like both shows/podcasts, Simons interview with Michael Stewart was a great listen this week. Can totally understand why folk find the keeping the ball on the ground show abrasive but I always enjoy the 1-to-1 interviews Ferry does.

Plenty room for both Terrace and Open Goal in Scottish football coverage.

Slaney is obviously there for "humour" and Kyle can go off on tangents at times but Si Ferry is quite articulate, knows football and I think will make a good coach one day as he "gets it".  His opinions on overcoaching of young players and players not paying dues is bang on the money.

14 minutes ago, Marsh said:

Slaney is obviously there for "humour" and Kyle can go off on tangents at times but Si Ferry is quite articulate, knows football and I think will make a good coach one day as he "gets it".  His opinions on overcoaching of young players and players not paying dues is bang on the money.

Hiya Si, hiya pal.

15 minutes ago, Marsh said:

I'm not sure what your definition of "articulate" is, but a grown adult who continually uses the phrase "uh huh" during an interview probably wouldn't qualify for me.