Pricing Of East of Scotland Matches

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I think prices going up £2 in twenty years isn't bad. The bills have gone up far more than that.

Kids being free is a great development. If you were talking a couple of kids you'd have been £12 before, now it's £7. 

4 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Really not sure what you are getting at, but maybe my mind is as thick as my midrift!

What are you saying no at? When we were in the Juniors, costs were uniformal depending on which league you were in. Now they are not. If the unit price agreed at EoS agm was £7/£4 and playable by all premier league clubs, I have no issue as we are all in the same boat.

i don’t agree at the different cost but I will still pay when I go to away matches cause I support my team. I said teams charge £7 because they can, and you have confirmed that so your no still baffles me.  Likewise Linlithgow charge £5 for con session because they can. Most fans will still pay cause they want to support their team but doesn’t mean it’s right or fair. We will just have to agree to disagree. Great improvements at Bo’ness ground with the new pitch and the floodlights. But how about the crumbling terrace surfacing at the corner when your pie shop is. Has there been improvements there since we visited on 2 Oct?

Its called supporting your club at home....what does that entail- I am interested? 

It entails that the most supporters at home are our home supporters and they decided to the entrance money to not only try and help their club off the park in improvements but put something back to hopefully help them on the park also. 

they haven’t or didn’t make that decision based on opposing supporters. 

you also commented on old adage about being “a bigger team” which IMO is a lot of crap, they  (fans/members)  chose that option to help their club as they are the ones that would be paying it 15 times in a season not the once that an opposing team comes and pays an extra £1. 

Clubs should be free to charge whatever they like (and they are), each club has a different set of circumstances to deal with so a set pricing policy would make absolutely no sense (it never did in the Juniors). 

£7 or £8 to watch EoS Premier or LL football is hardly excessive.

Obviously you are comfortable enough money wise BM. A pound or two is sometimes the difference between someone going to the football or not. It would surprise you how much financial difficulties some people are in at the moment.

Clubs should be free to charge whatever they like (and they are), each club has a different set of circumstances to deal with so a set pricing policy would make absolutely no sense (it never did in the Juniors). 

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

I agree, though I like rules to put some boundaries around it. For instance, I don't think clubs should be allowed to charge more for different opponents in the same competition. I don't see why Aberdeen fans, for instance, should pay more to see their team play at HIbs than a fan of Hamilton Accies does. It's fine to charge more in different competitions as the rounds progress, obviously.

On the £5 for concessions at Linlithgow, I expect most clubs operate concessions from the age of 60 - we do anyway and I think that's a matter of custom and practice. Having introduced the free entry for accompanied kids under 16, we also introduced the £5 concession for those aged 16 - 21. We want to and need to try to attract more people who are at student age and who are probably less likely these days to be in full time employment than someone who is 60. 

As Buloyal says, our members recognised the challenges of running a football club at this level, that our costs have soared since we introduced £6 & £3 many years ago and the older ones - most but not all - understood the desire to extend concessions to young folk as well as older ssupporters. We also incentivised season tickets as far as we could so that a concession attending all our home matches would pay an average of just over £3.60. That doesn't help those who are coming once or twice a season from other teams so all we can do is set out why the price went straight from £3 to £5. We hope folk will still come and watch their team but acknowledge that some may not as a point of principle. That's a shame because we're trying to offer decent facilities and keep the place up to scratch but it's a matter of choice for everyone. 

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Obviously you are comfortable enough money wise BM. A pound or two is sometimes the difference between someone going to the football or not. It would surprise you how much financial difficulties some people are in at the moment.

You've worked out my financial wellbeing because I don't think £7 or £8 is too much to charge at LL or EoS Premier level , really? How much do Sauchie charge? we charge £6.

It really doesn't surprise me at all the difficulties people face, that's another assumption you've made!

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I agree, though I like rules to put some boundaries around it. For instance, I don't think clubs should be allowed to charge more for different opponents in the same competition. I don't see why Aberdeen fans, for instance, should pay more to see their team play at HIbs than a fan of Hamilton Accies does. It's fine to charge more in different competitions as the rounds progress, obviously.

I agree.  The categorisation of football at the top end penalises clubs with large supports, but something the LL or EoS will never see.

2 hours ago, guinness said:

So are clubs, and let’s be honest is very much business like run, supposed to continually take the increased yearly costs on the chin and still offer the same or improved service, ie gas/electricity/fuel costs/material costs etc etc. Unfortunately that’s how businesses get into trouble. I can think of 2 price increases in the last 10 - 15 years which probably equates to £15 per annum on someone who goes to every home game.

You've worked out my financial wellbeing because I don't think £7 or £8 is too much to charge at LL or EoS Premier level , really? How much do Sauchie charge? we charge £6.
It really doesn't surprise me at all the difficulties people face, that's another assumption you've made!
Well I think £7/8 is to much for me. As for it doesn't surprise you about the difficulties some people are in ...obviously you haven't been in that position. Hopefully it never happens to you.

32 minutes ago, guinness said:
8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Well I think £7/8 is to much for me. As for it doesn't surprise you about the difficulties some people are in ...obviously you haven't been in that position. Hopefully it never happens to you.

If you think it's too much then you're entitled to hold that opinion, but try not to judge others who disagree or make assumptions on their personal circumstances.

How much do Sauchie charge?

Edited by Burnie_man

If you think it's too much then you're entitled to hold that opinion, but try not to judge others who disagree or make assumptions on their personal circumstances.
How much do Sauchie charge?
I'm assuming you will pay £5 when your next up at Sauchie.

11 hours ago, guinness said:
19 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I appreciate your viewpoint.    I think that prices are  high for the level of football - but understand that clubs are working on a shoestring so gate income is  vital  revenue also.

For me the bigger issue is how you get people through the door in the first instance

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

The eternal problem.  You could open the gates and let people in for free and you won't see too many more.

Yep, I appreciate for some people for example £ 5 or £ 7 might make a big enough difference, but £ 5 is nearly 30% less than £ 7 and lowering the price doesn't get that many more people through the gate, meaning clubs lose out financially. So from a club's perspective, it can be justifiable to charge a bit more for more matchday income, even if a handful of people then won't come.