Pricing Of East of Scotland Matches

17 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

HI all

Wonder if someone can help as cant seem to find entry prices on most of the teams websites 

I'm trying to find out what the standard pricing of entry to an East of Scotland match and is it the same in the 3 divisions.
Also did the price rise when a big influx of junior teams joined the EOS a cpl of years ago

Standard is £6, and basically the old EOS teams have kept their £5 entry.

Edited by Ginaro

Generally the league's will set guide prices and it's for the club's to decide on the final figures and concessions. Hence the slight disparity amongst clubs but to be honest it's not a lot to fork out even if you're paying full whack. Defo better value than some of the top tier prices for what you get for your money.

Clubs set their own prices. It's not for the league to order everyone to charge the same IMO. Crowds, playing standard, facilities, local economic circumstances etc. will vary considerably.

In my experience most are £6 but a few bigger Premier sides are £7 and a number of smaller First Division sides are still £5. Tweedmouth are only £3.

Lowland are £6 or £7 although relegated sides East Stirlingshire (£8) and Berwick (£10) have held them higher and Caledonian Braves are £5.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, Halfwit8 said:

No they 3 are greedy ba*****s lol

You can laugh halfwit and I know it is at least half jest with you, but don't beat about the bush - you are correct! I hear what you say but I think all clubs should be the same! I will take Tranent as an example.  For me - visually most improved ground in Premier league but you still charge £6 for full price - not sure on concession - £3? Same as us. We are a bit behind you on improne meets but still done a lot. We haven't stuck up prices to aid these improvements

I apologise now if what i am about to say is wrong. Camelon charge £7 - just cause they can but why? Are  visiting supporters helping a £1 at a time to aid their improvements? Apart from floodlights had the ground had a facility? 

Linlithgow is a fine ground with good covering which Burgh fans benefitted from on Saturday when it was peeing!

But £5 for concessions? - bordering on taking the pissing off away (older) fans, who will still pays as they want to support there team! Its the old adage that they think they are bigger and better than they actually are! 

1 hour ago, Halfwit8 said:

No they 3 are greedy ba*****s lol

No the members of the club (ie the fans) chose that at their agm. 
it’s called supporting your club at home and these people decided that was the best option for supporting their club 

5 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

You can laugh halfwit and I know it is at least half jest with you, but don't beat about the bush - you are correct! I hear what you say but I think all clubs should be the same! I will take Tranent as an example.  For me - visually most improved ground in Premier league but you still charge £6 for full price - not sure on concession - £3? Same as us. We are a bit behind you on improne meets but still done a lot. We haven't stuck up prices to aid these improvements

I apologise now if what i am about to say is wrong. Camelon charge £7 - just cause they can but why? Are  visiting supporters helping a £1 at a time to aid their improvements? Apart from floodlights had the ground had a facility? 

Linlithgow is a fine ground with good covering which Burgh fans benefitted from on Saturday when it was peeing!

But £5 for concessions? - bordering on taking the pissing off away (older) fans, who will still pays as they want to support there team! Its the old adage that they think they are bigger and better than they actually are! 

No I will say again !

it’s called supporting your club at home and these people decided that was the best option for supporting their club 

31 minutes ago, buloyal said:

No I will say again !

it’s called supporting your club at home and these people decided that was the best option for supporting their club 

Really not sure what you are getting at, but maybe my mind is as thick as my midrift!

What are you saying no at? When we were in the Juniors, costs were uniformal depending on which league you were in. Now they are not. If the unit price agreed at EoS agm was £7/£4 and playable by all premier league clubs, I have no issue as we are all in the same boat.

i don’t agree at the different cost but I will still pay when I go to away matches cause I support my team. I said teams charge £7 because they can, and you have confirmed that so your no still baffles me.  Likewise Linlithgow charge £5 for con session because they can. Most fans will still pay cause they want to support their team but doesn’t mean it’s right or fair. We will just have to agree to disagree. Great improvements at Bo’ness ground with the new pitch and the floodlights. But how about the crumbling terrace surfacing at the corner when your pie shop is. Has there been improvements there since we visited on 2 Oct?

Its called supporting your club at home....what does that entail- I am interested?