Hearts v Killie 5th Feb

Looking on the bright side at least our defeats are a bit more entertaining than under Levein. 😕

We really don’t have the quality in the defence or goalkeeper to play such an attacking game. I can see this performance and result being repeated regularly if we persist with this style, unless we get a really decent keeper at the very least.

Some game for the neutral and the Killie players who didn't have to break sweat.

Some thoughts...  Pereira... should never play for us again. Souttar and Irving were woeful. Henderson and Moore out of depth. White and Clare good but failed, esp White, to do their defensive duties. Walker should've been on earlier. Naismith not at the races.

Just read the Edin Evening News ratings on their shit website. WTF? Journo must've been at a different game.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/how-hearts-players-rated-3-2-loss-10-man-kilmarnock-1386430?page=4

I think we're going to have to get with being okay with Stendel's attacking approach being all or nothing.  Obviously it doesn't help with us short of a solid keeper or midfield, but I've seen enough to say I'm 100% in for it. Unfortunately, this means absolutely shitting yourself at every corner, 1v1 and shot on target because right now it leaves us so open, but when Stendel got his system working for Barnsley, they had the best defensive record in the division. Killie won't have many it easier than they did last night because they're simply well drilled and hard to beat when on song like last night, and it was made all the more easier by the fact that we are still not quite there with our approach.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Killie run Gorgie.
Don't think I can remember us continually winning for such a prolonged period at any other ground.
Which is weird as from the late 90s to mid 00s we couldn't buy a win there.
We won at Tynecastle twice as much as we did at any other away ground in the 2010s.

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

You can probably repost that sometime in May

Reveal hidden contents

jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

I'm sure when we beat them in October there was some stat that we had won more games in 2019 at Tynecastle than Hearts had. It'll be a shame when they drop down and we lose our guaranteed 6 point head start over other teams. 

What on earth was Branescu playing at last night btw?  That was a brainfart and a half, lucky not to get a straight red for the foul, to then chuck the ball away was crazy.  
The foul definitely wasn't a straight red for two reasons:

1) It was a genuine (if hopeless) attempt to play the ball and therefore the double jeopardy rule would apply.

2) The ball went through to O'Donnell so it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity.

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The foul definitely wasn't a straight red for two reasons:

1) It was a genuine (if hopeless) attempt to play the ball and therefore the double jeopardy rule would apply.

2) The ball went through to O'Donnell so it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity.

I've not seen it back tbf, but I definitely didn't think it was a genuine attempt at the game.

2 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Some game for the neutral and the Killie players who didn't have to break sweat.

Some thoughts...  Pereira... should never play for us again. Souttar and Irving were woeful. Henderson and Moore out of depth. White and Clare good but failed, esp White, to do their defensive duties. Walker should've been on earlier. Naismith not at the races.

Just read the Edin Evening News ratings on their shit website. WTF? Journo must've been at a different game.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/how-hearts-players-rated-3-2-loss-10-man-kilmarnock-1386430?page=4

Don't see too much wrong with those ratings. A fraction too kind to Langer, Washington and Boyce. Way too generous to Pereira. Naismith and Souttar are nowhere near their best just now but get an easy ride from the fans. Irving is an absolute must-start for us but folk shouldn't expect everything he tries to come off. He tries high risk - high reward passes, and thank fck for that. I'm way more relaxed about this loss and the 2 dropped points at StJ than I was with the depressing late Levein era joyless performances. It's no longer game over when go a goal down. We are playing attacking football, albeit with a leaky defence. I'm on the Stendel bus.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Killie run Gorgie.

Don't think I can remember us continually winning for such a prolonged period at any other ground.

Which is weird as from the late 90s to mid 00s we couldn't buy a win there.

We went something like 16 games undefeated at Tannadice I'm sure back in late 90s.

1 hour ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Does the Hearts keeper realise he has hands? You should just play Paul Gallacher at this point. 

We could invest in some enlarged hands like Uncle Jack did in it's always sunny, but I don't think we want to f**k with his self esteem any further tbf.

1 minute ago, the jambo-rocker said:

We could invest in some enlarged hands like Uncle Jack did in it's always sunny, but I don't think we want to f**k with his self esteem any further tbf.

You could bring the bold Bruce out of retirement.

Image result for goalkeeper huge hands