Saints vs Accies 5/2/20 - 6 Pointer perhaps!

Booking correct decision, Flynn was just unlucky.

I actually think if it was a White Accies player that made the challenge you’d be nowhere near as raging. No surprises your true colours are showing.
Are you fucking serious.

What's the fuss ?

It was a mistimed tackle that resulted in a foul by Miller, nothing malicious intended, Flynn was very unlucky to have sustained a nasty one.

Nothing to see here, Miller didn't intend to inflict a serious injury.

He got his comeuppance with the embarrassment of his appalling penalty kick.

Let's all move on.

Just now, Wilbur said:

What's the fuss ?

It was a mistimed tackle that resulted in a foul by Miller, nothing malicious intended, Flynn was very unlucky to have sustained a nasty one.

Let's all move on.

It was a dangerous tackle, deserving of a red IMO. Some of the seethe from our end is over the top though. 

11 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

It was a dangerous tackle, deserving of a red IMO. Some of the seethe from our end is over the top though. 

That's your opinion.

IMO it was just a meh tackle that resulted in a nasty injury for Flynn. These things happen.

Your opinion is equally valid, it's just about how we see it, eh ?

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That's your opinion.

IMO it was just a meh tackle that resulted in a nasty injury for Flynn. These things happen.

I also thought it was high and dangerous and deserved a red.

As for Scotty with his unfounded racism allegations, he was the guy who, on a different thread, referred to one of their former player as "the black". I believe he even said it in an Afrikaans accent. Glass houses and all that...

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

f**k Hamilton,  relegation beckons. Ryan Flynn will have the last laugh.

Oh FFS ....😂😂😂
Aye that’s right , Flynn’s fucked , season finished ( career possibly over if it’s a bad one ) but a least he’ll be laughing cause Accies got relegated ....

Ya Dick ......😂

Edited by G51 Red

58 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

What's the fuss ?

Let's all move on.

56 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

42 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That's your opinion.

Far too sensible ...

I also thought it was high and dangerous and deserved a red.

As for Scotty with his unfounded racism allegations, he was the guy who, on a different thread, referred to one of their former player as "the black". I believe he even said it in an Afrikaans accent. Glass houses and all that...

Think you’ll find I described someone as ‘the black guy’ don’t let facts get in the way of a good story though.

I will give you credit though you are definitely not a racist. David Templeton just lives in your head rent free.

Belated response to the game but it's taken me a few days to put my head above the parapet and say - I thought the referee was good on Wednesday! There is no doubt that it was a throwback performance where he let more go than I've seen for some time but give me that rather than the stop start nonsense we get with most modern referees. Right from the moment that Morais kicked the ball away 40 yards in frustration and no booking was administered then you could see he had set his stall out. From then on in the little nudges and contact which would usually result in fouls were ignored with the best example being the little nudge on Miller on the edge of St Mirren's box which 80% of referees would haven given but in truth was never enough contact for Miller to fall down - good refereeing and for the most part consistent. When Southwood was pushed and handled about a yard outside his box everyone on the park knew what had happened so playing on was entirely sensible - mental the number of posts on here complaining that he didn't pointlessly stop the game to award a freekick.

In terms of the big decisions then he got them right. The penalty was a stonewaller, the headclash before the Accies goal wasn't serious, the Miller challenge that led to the freekick goal was a foul and never any more than a yellow card (a badly timed block challenge from a forward player with little force and no malice. Assault 🤣). The only contentious decision was Moyo's elbow not being punished but I've watched it on the highlights and can't see any evidence of intent or swinging elbows.

As for the game same old with Accies not being able to put 2 decent halves of football together. I'm not convinced Accies did try to kill the game in the 2nd half as it looked to me that Goodwin made a tactical change which our bench either never noticed or had no idea how to reply to and instead made 3 like for like changes all of which made us a little poorer resulting in a last 10 minutes with zero goal threat. When the game has descended into a physical battle we brought on 2 players with zero fight.

A draw not a disaster but you can't help but feel the other results pushed us closer to an inevitable relegation (although strangely I keep on reading how Rice has improved us). The silver linings were Easton who makes a huge difference to our defence when he plays (noticed by Goodwin who got Obika to take him out before he had touched the ball) and Templeton who is clearly still an absolute baller. The clouds are that Easton will continue to miss games through injury and Templeton was done after 30 minutes.

Watched it again on the Alba recording. Despite now knowing that Flynn has suffered a cruiciate injury, I still see nothing in Miller’s challenge to suggest anything other than his eyes were on the ball, and he tried to play the ball as Flynn nicked it past him. All this talk of a ‘scumbag’ deserving a straight red. I’m not buying it. Flynn has been very unlucky. I simply see no Tokely-esque malice in anything Miller did. At worst, he came in at an awkward angle. Having said that, what a roaster posting about black and white players. FFS.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:
2 hours ago, Munoz said:
f**k Hamilton,  relegation beckons. Ryan Flynn will have the last laugh.

Hahahah you denied the holocaust.

3 minutes ago, yummy fur said:

Belated response to the game but it's taken me a few days to put my head above the parapet and say - I thought the referee was good on Wednesday! There is no doubt that it was a throwback performance where he let more go than I've seen for some time but give me that rather than the stop start nonsense we get with most modern referees. Right from the moment that Morais kicked the ball away 40 yards in frustration and no booking was administered then you could see he had set his stall out. From then on in the little nudges and contact which would usually result in fouls were ignored with the best example being the little nudge on Miller on the edge of St Mirren's box which 80% of referees would haven given but in truth was never enough contact for Miller to fall down - good refereeing and for the most part consistent. When Southwood was pushed and handled about a yard outside his box everyone on the park knew what had happened so playing on was entirely sensible - mental the number of posts on here complaining that he didn't pointlessly stop the game to award a freekick.

In terms of the big decisions then he got them right. The penalty was a stonewaller, the headclash before the Accies goal wasn't serious, the Miller challenge that led to the freekick goal was a foul and never any more than a yellow card (a badly timed block challenge from a forward player with little force and no malice. Assault 🤣). The only contentious decision was Moyo's elbow not being punished but I've watched it on the highlights and can't see any evidence of intent or swinging elbows.

As for the game same old with Accies not being able to put 2 decent halves of football together. I'm not convinced Accies did try to kill the game in the 2nd half as it looked to me that Goodwin made a tactical change which our bench either never noticed or had no idea how to reply to and instead made 3 like for like changes all of which made us a little poorer resulting in a last 10 minutes with zero goal threat. When the game has descended into a physical battle we brought on 2 players with zero fight.

A draw not a disaster but you can't help but feel the other results pushed us closer to an inevitable relegation (although strangely I keep on reading how Rice has improved us). The silver linings were Easton who makes a huge difference to our defence when he plays (noticed by Goodwin who got Obika to take him out before he had touched the ball) and Templeton who is clearly still an absolute baller. The clouds are that Easton will continue to miss games through injury and Templeton was done after 30 minutes.

Are all Hamilton fans thick as mince? 

Watched it again on the Alba recording. Despite now knowing that Flynn has suffered a cruiciate injury, I still see nothing in Miller’s challenge to suggest anything other than his eyes were on the ball, and he tried to play the ball as Flynn nicked it past him. All this talk of a ‘scumbag’ deserving a straight red. I’m not buying it. Flynn has been very unlucky. I simply see no Tokely-esque malice in anything Miller did. At worst, he came in at an awkward angle. Having said that, what a roaster posting about black and white players. FFS.

Stop this sensible posting nonsense, this is Pie and Bovril for goodness sake.

Time to lock this thread, cup tomorrow guys.

Let’s move on for now.