Saints vs Accies 5/2/20 - 6 Pointer perhaps!

Goodwin got the line up miles wrong. God knows what he was thinking starting Junior Morais up top alone. It's madness and not fair on Morais either. McGrath was terrified to go forward too and Foley was dragged deep by Templeton. Andreu was anonymous first half.

I know the ref didn't make us play badly but he was a new level of woeful. Books Obika for catching into Easton barely 30 seconds after Obika came on yet doesn't book Mayo for the same thing when he spilt claret! Right at the end when Durmas was clipped which he ignored only for him to give a free kick to Hamilton for a clean challenge after. If he was trolling everyone it was terrific work. 

Hope Flynn isn't badly hurt by that terrible late challenge too, we are not stacked in defence. 

27 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Got so many easy calls wrong.  He looked way out his depth. 

You can see by the games here that he's refereed,  the smaller club are being used to break these idiot's in. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alan-newlands/profil/schiedsrichter/4825

Wasn’t just that he got calls wrong on fouls, elbows, or meaty challenges... between them, in the first half, the officials couldn’t even see that every time Accies took a free kick, it was at least, oh, fifty yards away from where the incident that resulted in the free kick actually happened. OK, maybe forty yards. However, that sort of thing should be easy for a referee to manage. Even Collum can do that.

Edited by pozbaird

Goodwin got the line up miles wrong. Andreu was anonymous first half.

Andreu has been anonymous everytime he’s played against us going all the way back to Dundee United. It’s pretty obvious he shouldn’t play against us holds too much of a soft spot.

In the first half - shite tactics from us, shite formation, shite team selection, shite performance, shite final ball, shite challenge resulting in Accies goal. More shite defending sees Accies rattle the crossbar. A shite substitution from Goodwin, a shite referee, a shite challenge for a stonewall Accies penalty, resulting in a shite spot-kick.

Fcuk, that was a decent point, given the shite, shite, shitey, shitey shiteness I witnessed tonight.

24 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Andreu has been anonymous everytime he’s played against us going all the way back to Dundee United. It’s pretty obvious he shouldn’t play against us holds too much of a soft spot.

He's anonymous in more than Accies games tbf. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Wasn’t just that he got calls wrong on fouls, elbows, or meaty challenges... between them, in the first half, the officials couldn’t even see that every time Accies took a free kick, it was at least, oh, fifty yards away from where the incident that resulted in the free kick actually happened. OK, maybe forty yards. However, that sort of thing should be easy for a referee to manage. Even Collum can do that.

He was the 4th official. Now that I've sen the latest "inside No. 9" he would have had some input at HT.

The ref spat the dummy towards the end if the second half. He was having a shite game and he took it out on us because he was getting a hard time. In the last ten minutes he was simply in a huff so we couldn't do anything right. I doubt we will see much more of him 

Hamilton were the better team btw. No idea why they started trying to kill the game in the first half when we were on the ropes. 2-0 would have been game over, we needed half time way more than they did.

23 minutes ago, GAD said:

The ref spat the dummy towards the end if the second half. He was having a shite game and he took it out on us because he was getting a hard time. In the last ten minutes he was simply in a huff so we couldn't do anything right. I doubt we will see much more of him 

I watched the last 20 minutes on Alba. 

I think you’re right.  He was in a huff. 

Unlikely he is pro Accies or anti-Saints, but in that period even Imrie refereeing wouldn’t have had the balls to make it that obvious. 

The trip that Foley gets booked for protesting about is the clearest free kick anyone will ever see anywhere. 

Which means the last minute is Accies attacking rather than Saints with a free kick in a dangerous position. 

Truly a bizarre period. 

Aye there is shite refereeing and then there was that. After being told that "he didn't know what he was doing" by Saints fans, he willfully  just decided to give Saints nothing and Hamilton everything.  One of the roles of a referee is to protect players.  I would expect the club to strongly complain about that referee.  Hopefully, we never see him again.

Play on.IMG_20200206_070303.thumb.jpeg.235a79645f6616e5fd6f4d646bd82358.jpeg

Nice trying to tip toe around the facts here. He was literally pushed out the box by Andreu despite already having safe possession of the ball.

If anything it was a free kick to us, but he didn’t even signal play on/advantage just completely ignored the whole incident.

One of many many baffling moments from the ref.

9 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Nice trying to tip toe around the facts here. He was literally pushed out the box by Andreu despite already having safe possession of the ball.

If anything it was a free kick to us, but he didn’t even signal play on/advantage just completely ignored the whole incident.

Not excusing our shite defending at Templeton's goal but he also saw both Accies and Saints have a player down for a clash of heads and really should have stopped play. 

The only thing he got right in the entire match was the penalty. 

The West stand side linesman was also around 10 yards from the incident where Famewo was opened up by an elbow and looking directly at it. Unbelievable that the two of these tools managed to miss it. 

Like you say, baffling. I'm not sure how much impact the push had. He had a hand on the keeper's back but I'm not convinced it was a shove. Either way it's a free kick to either Hamilton or St Mirren. He waves play on and Hamilton score. Admittedly we have to defend better.

The one decision that really riled me was Moyo's elbow. It's a red card all day long. To not even book him after he'd booked Obika (which with my black and white specs on was soft) was a joke. Famewo's eyebrow was opened up.

I thought Miller's foul on Flynn was unlucky, he's tried to block to the shot, it wasn't a nasty one. Probably a yellow, definitely not a red. He probably should've been on a booking for when he grabbed the ball earlier in the second half right enough.

All that said, we were lucky to escape with a point. A great save from Hladky and a dreadful penalty. We didn't test Southwold at all.

Completely agree that Goodwin made an arse of the starting lineup and then the subs, and the ref was dreadful.

Andreu is painful to watch, he makes smart runs and gets into good positions but his finishing and first touch are terrible. Foley and MacPherson offered nothing going forward all night and kept getting caught out of position.

I thought Waters actually had a good game, he looked the least nervy of our defenders and at least tried to get involved further up the park. I really think Mullen should have come on, it turned into the kind of niggly game that he tends to do well in.