Saints vs Accies 5/2/20 - 6 Pointer perhaps!

From a St. Johnstone point of view it might be better for St. Mirren to win this one with the hope that Accies might begin to be cut adrift but I guess a draw wouldn't be the worst thing either.
Going by what I've seen of both teams this season I'd fancy the Paisley Saints to just nick it.

Biggest game of the season to date. Win this and I'll be more optimistic of 7 or 8th place finish, lose and we're well and truly in another fight to probably the bitter end of the season. 

3-0 Saints with Hamilton having their usual sending off.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Surely has to give at least one of the new guys a start. Wee rest for junior and obika I think.

Obika was involved in both our goals against Hibs winning a corner for the first and helping to create space for Andreu at the second, maybe Morais who lost the ball in the lead-up to their second.

PS - Still no comment from any Accies fans, I always enjoy your comments about how bad you are:rolleyes: - it always lulls me into a false sense of security!

Edited by btb

We were pretty good in 2nd half v Motherwell and 1st half at Easter Road and did ok yesterday. We were awful in 1st half v Motherwell and 2nd half v Hibs and the whole game v Livi so no idea how this will go.

A lot will depend if Easton and Miller are fit.

5 hours ago, btb said:

PS - Still no comment from any Accies fans, I always enjoy your comments about how bad you are:rolleyes: - it always lulls me into a false sense of security!

Most of us have chucked it for the season and accepted Arbroath away is going to be top bantz next season.

I think Obika might be rested for this one and Chabbi stuck in from the start, if only because he's a complete unknown quantity.

I did think for a while that he might try to pair them up top together, but Jim really doesn't seem fussed on a proper 4-4-2. Shame we don't have more than two working centre halves, as maybe a 3-5-2 would be a good way to get all out best players on the park in their correct positions, including McGrath at the point of the middle three, if he was match fit.

So, I predict:

----------- Hladky ---------

Flynn - McCarthy - Famewo - Waters

---- MacPherson - Foley ----------

----Morias - Andreu - Durmus------

-------------- Chabbi ----------------

Including Andreu there for the Score Against Your Old Team Inevitability Bonus Multiplier.

Edited by Coventry Saint

16 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Not sure we have any options. I don't think I'd push Andreu wide either.

Or did you mean McGrath wide right? Sorry.

Yes. Straight replacement McGrath for Morias. Morias doesn't know how to play as a winger. He keeps coming into the middle leaving the flank exposed and never stretches the defence as he comes back looking for the ball. He only wants to beat players and has no team discipline. He prefer to play through the middle and it shows.