XFL

GNU_Linux

I think my favourite bit was when they interviewed the QB during the conversion after he'd thrown a pick 6.

Being able to hear the dialogue between the booth review and the ref on the field is good, as are the playcalls even if I can't piece them together. The kickoff is funky for want of a better word. not sure about the 1/2/3 point conversion yet.

Standard even to an amateur watcher like me (as I type a guy for LA has tried to catch a punt and it's hit his helmet leading to a recovery by the kicking team) isn't anywhere near even the lower end of the NFL as you'd obviously expect, but it's transparent how weaker it is

Not sure it's going to work out much quicker than a NFL game, first game over-ran you'd assume with that kicking off at 7 and the second kicking off at 10. Think they were aiming for 2 hours 40 overall time. 

If it works out being  a developmental league or showcase for guys looking for a second chance to get on a practice squad then good.

edit: first quarter of this one has taken 45 minutes.

Edited by Fuctifano

I doubt I'll be able to take this seriously but hey, what else is there on the telly on Sunday evenings? Might go for the Battlehawks out of a sense of Missouri solidarity and also (and to honest, mainly) because they have a daft name.

Week 2

New York 0-27 DC (15031)
Tampa Bay 9-17 Seattle (29172)
Dallas 25-18 LA (14979)
St. Louis 24-28 Houston (17103)

Was able to catch 3 of the 4 games this round. Overall it feels & plays like a mish-mash of the NFL & CFL. One thing I've noticed is teams aren't overly efficient on points after conversions.

Standout player thus far is Houston QB PJ Walker previously of the Temple Owls & Indy Colts. Houston's offense is interesting as the team has zero TE's on their roster.

I haven't been into American Football for years but watched the last Superbowl and really enjoyed it.

Thinking of getting back into it and started watching the highlights of the XFL. Is it like a Highland League equivalent of the NFL? A bit more sloppy but quicker. Really liked the look of the Houston Roughnecks.

Week 3

Houston 34-27 Tampa Bay (18117)
Dallas 24-12 Seattle (22060)
New York 9-29 St. Louis (29554)
DC 9-39 LA (12221)

Tampa Bay now the only winless side. Biggest suprise was winless LA decimating the undefeated DC which leaves Houston as the only side with a 100% record. Excellent attendance for St. Louis in the first pro football game in the city since December 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Week 4

LA 14-17 New York (12116)
Seattle 16-23 St. Louis (27527)
Houston 27-24 Dallas (18332)
DC 0-25 Tampa Bay (12245)

Houston still undefeated & Tampa Bay pick up their 1st win in a shutout against a DC that started the season promising but have regressed the past two games in a big way.

Dallas starting QB Landry Jones re-aggrevated a knee injury on a sneak play but luckily it's not as severe as first thought & will only miss two games.

On a non-gameplay note Greg Olsen is a fantastic commentator & should be a shoe in to do the NFL when he retires.