XFL

GNU_Linux

Let'd hope this lasts longer than last seasons ill fated AAF at least & the original XFL attitude era WWF experiment.

8 teams across 2 divisions playing a 10 game schedule with top two from each going to the playoffs. First season runs from 8th Febuary to XFL Championship game on 26th April. Should be names you'll recognize on both playing & coaching staff.

Western Conference

Dallas Renegades (Globe Life Park in Arlington)

Houston Roughnecks (TDECU Stadium)

LA Wildcats (Dignity Sports Health Park)

Seattle Dragons (Century Link Field)

Eastern Conference

DC Defenders (Audi Field)

NY Guardians (MetLife Stadium)

St. Louis Battlehawks (The Dome@America's Center)

Tampa Bay Vipers (Raymond James Stadium)

Only one market without an NFL team but probably playing it safe before venturing into other markets sans an NFL team.

The main standout thing about the XFL is the alterations to the ruleset which are explained below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDD6OtNUzig

Media coverage wise it's split between Fox Sports, ABC & ESPN with the latter having championship game rights.

I think they missed a trick going to NFL cities. Surely the best way is with cities starved of an NFL team. Toronto, San Diego, Austin and Portland would have been top of my list. Supposedly ticket sales in st louis are miles ahead of everywhere else and I dont think that's a coincidence. 

Let's go Battlehawks! 

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

I think they missed a trick going to NFL cities. Surely the best way is with cities starved of an NFL team. Toronto, San Diego, Austin and Portland would have been top of my list. Supposedly ticket sales in st louis are miles ahead of everywhere else and I dont think that's a coincidence. 

Let's go Battlehawks! 

^^^Loves da Hawks 💚💙😉

On 04/02/2020 at 16:34, CountyFan said:

Let's go Battlehawks! 

Whilst I agree, stadium facilities are a big draw for all team. Cash flow issues usually kill these new start leagues so corporate facilities are an absolute must.

St. Louis still has an NFL level stadium from when the Rams played there.

Globe Life park has MLB level facilities.