Scottish Junior Cup Final Date and Venue

jimbaxters

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You lads are giving too much credit. The ties have all been moved forward in recent years which would have allowed a final at a premier league pitch. SJFA are just too lazy to sort it out. Simple

Fair enough. I appreciate you know a fair bit more about this than me.

On 23/02/2020 at 13:44, RedEd said:

I don't say this very often, but to be fair to the SJFA they probably don't have many options. Most grass pitches will likely be unavailable by 31 May and the possibility of grounds being required for the SPFL play-offs prior to then might be another issue.

That is correct they don’t have options if they play the final at the end of May. This was always a problem when we had an extra round in the cup due to East teams.

However over the next few weeks the 1/2 finalists will be confirmed. That means the last week in March and first week in April could be used for the  Semi.

Senior football outside the top league finishes on 2 May (and play off games)

Could  easily look to play on 3rd May at Thistle or Ayr, thistles is a ground that has been used in the past for semi finals when single tie matches. 

In thistles case also, I doubt the grounds staff are kicking on with re seeding on the Sunday, so since they play at home on 2/5 work wouldn’t have started on their park. (And if they get in the play off to avoid relegation then no chance work would have started, same goes for Ayr)

6 minutes ago, superpollok said:

That is correct they don’t have options if they play the final at the end of May. This was always a problem when we had an extra round in the cup due to East teams.

However over the next few weeks the 1/2 finalists will be confirmed. That means the last week in March and first week in April could be used for the  Semi.

Senior football outside the top league finishes on 2 May (and play off games)

Could  easily look to play on 3rd May at Thistle or Ayr, thistles is a ground that has been used in the past for semi finals when single tie matches. 

In thistles case also, I doubt the grounds staff are kicking on with re seeding on the Sunday, so since they play at home on 2/5 work wouldn’t have started on their park. (And if they get in the play off to avoid relegation then no chance work would have started, same goes for Ayr)

You're right, work on the pitches is unlikely to start immediately after the last game,but I wonder if clubs would be reluctant to allow the pitch to be used when they may have play -off games coming up.

I can remember Somerset Park hosting a couple of semis. Went to Talbot v Ladeside in 86 or 87 and Buffs v Largs in the early 90s.

Are these dates confirmed? Can't see them on website.
The dates on the website from the start of the season which were, if my memory serves me correctly, Mar 28 & Apr 4, have been replaced by TO BE CONFRMED.

https://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/news/posts/2019/june/scottish-junior-cup-dates/

I believe that the dates I posted above were the mostly recently agreed dates. I don't know if that means that they are confirmed, but given the dates for the Semi-Finals announced in September on the website have been changed, I suspect these dates could change too.

Feel sorry for Kennie. Midweek games usually start mid-April, BUT these new dates mean that any teams that reach the semis won't be able to be allocated midweek games without lights until we are almost into May. Can imagine that will cause a bit of chaos, especially if Talbot are one of those teams.

20 hours ago, nicotina said:

cumnock v lok also   nice neutral venue lol

They are very different to us seasiders, have you ever heard their aaaccents?😁 Anyway, I went to a Pollok v Cumnock West of Scotland Final a couple of years ago, played at Newlandsfield.

11 minutes ago, RedEd said:

They are very different to us seasiders, have you ever heard their aaaccents?😁 Anyway, I went to a Pollok v Cumnock West of Scotland Final a couple of years ago, played at Newlandsfield.

One of our committee was the cup sponsor and it was part of the deal that we host, regardless (IMO).