Scottish Junior Cup Final Date and Venue

jimbaxters

Just seen the tweet confirming the semi finals as being on 18th and 25th April. Potentially an 8 week gap between round 5 and the first leg of the semis, that's absurd imo. It also means the final will almost certainly be scheduled for after most senior grounds have been shut down for the summer.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Just seen the tweet confirming the semi finals as being on 18th and 25th April. Potentially an 8 week gap between round 5 and the first leg of the semis, that's absurd imo. It also means the final will almost certainly be scheduled for after most senior grounds have been shut down for the summer.

It’s been advertised as 1st leg last week in March 2nd leg first week in April since season started so why is it changed now ?? 

Will that be down to the target of finishing the league early?

If you are correct and not going to doubt you, then that’s a crazy decision.

Scottish cup final probably June again.

We should be getting it played at the start of May on a grass senior park and the reduction of teams has made that possible both last year and this year.

Going by the weather were getting just now we could still be waiting to play the 5th round at the start of April

Heard a rumour to this effect. Have you got a link to the tweet?

Definitely saw it the other day, doesn't seem to be any trace of it now.
Yeah, seems to have completely disappeared from Twitter and Facebook. You can't have posts on your website since pre-Season (which have now also disappeared) stating Semi Final Dates and then change them in the week leading up to Quarter Finals, especially when it creates an 8 week gap with the Final then going to be late May / early June which has been the problem trying to get a venue. I thought the whole point of early Semi Finals was to then have an early May Final and have more choice for a venue (and tie in with the Pyramid Calendar).

3 hours ago, Bellsdale Boy said:
10 hours ago, peasy23 said:
Definitely saw it the other day, doesn't seem to be any trace of it now.

Yeah, seems to have completely disappeared from Twitter and Facebook. You can't have posts on your website since pre-Season (which have now also disappeared) stating Semi Final Dates and then change them in the week leading up to Quarter Finals, especially when it creates an 8 week gap with the Final then going to be late May / early June which has been the problem trying to get a venue. I thought the whole point of early Semi Finals was to then have an early May Final and have more choice for a venue (and tie in with the Pyramid Calendar).

It’s been last Saturday in March 1st leg 

first Saturday in April 2nd leg 

then this week it’s been changed to 18th and 25th april

now this has vanished which would seem like it’s getting changed again , if that’s the case it’s nothing short of a disgrace and an absolute shambles 

40 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

It’s been last Saturday in March 1st leg 

first Saturday in April 2nd leg 

then this week it’s been changed to 18th and 25th april

now this has vanished which would seem like it’s getting changed again , if that’s the case it’s nothing short of a disgrace and an absolute shambles 

Absolutely agree. This happens every year. Obviously it is those who have their team in the latter stages who notice it more but it is every single year.

The part that amazes me is that the weekly matches are looked after by the regions. The national competition is all the SJFA have to organise and they make a tool of it at various stages every year. It cannot be understated how much of a wage stealer that guy is.

12 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Scottish Junior Cup SemiFinals are now 18th & 25th April. The final is on 31st May, provisionally at Rugby Park, Kilmarnock.

Cue meltdown ....

Horrible massive artificial park for a final and far too big for the attendance these days.Play it at a smaller grass park by organising it way in advance SELL THE PRODUCT.Ok I get it that junior football is essentially village football run by locals but it has an appeal if well organised.

10 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Horrible massive artificial park for a final and far too big for the attendance these days.Play it at a smaller grass park by organising it way in advance SELL THE PRODUCT.Ok I get it that junior football is essentially village football run by locals but it has an appeal if well organised.

Knew it would end like this. I know I harp on about the leader of the organisation but it absolutely astonishes me how he has the brass neck to ignore everyone and regularly do what suits him. It must be easier just to keep going with Rugby Park so saves any further research or work. He must have hated it last year when Rugby Park wasn't available. We saw the hullaballoo and the last minute scrabble for a park last season. This man gets paid to work 40 hours every week. I just can't get away with it. Shameful.

I don't say this very often, but to be fair to the SJFA they probably don't have many options. Most grass pitches will likely be unavailable by 31 May and the possibility of grounds being required for the SPFL play-offs prior to then might be another issue.

Edited by RedEd

Controversy here and don't mind being shoot down like an inexperienced pilot flying in the world war one battle of Briton.
I don't expect this to ever happen in the juniors with the Scottish cup but I said it anyways

Never been a fan of a two legged semi final, should be two single semi/finals, played to a finish, making it two exciting ties. This gives the juniors association less games to organise and the final can be brought forward.  The only reason for two legged ties, I can see, is to try and take in more cash and yeah it does gives the favourites of the semi finals the chance to make up for their mistake in the first leg.

Also arrange dates for the two semi finals and finals at the start of the season and stick to the dates

2 hours ago, RedEd said:

I don't say this very often, but to be fair to the SJFA they probably don't have many options. Most grass pitches will likely be unavailable by 31 May and the possibility of grounds being required for the SPFL play-offs prior to then might be another issue.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Controversy here and don't mind being shoot down like an inexperienced pilot flying in the world war one battle of Briton.
I don't expect this to ever happen in the juniors with the Scottish cup but I said it anyways

Never been a fan of a two legged semi final, should be two single semi/finals, played to a finish, making it two exciting ties. This gives the juniors association less games to organise and the final can be brought forward.  The only reason for two legged ties, I can see, is to try and take in more cash and yeah it does gives the favourites of the semi finals the chance to make up for their mistake in the first leg.

Also arrange dates for the two semi finals and finals at the start of the season and stick to the dates

You lads are giving too much credit. The ties have all been moved forward in recent years which would have allowed a final at a premier league pitch. SJFA are just too lazy to sort it out. Simple