Yet you still troll the junior thread

1 hour ago, Smudger said:
1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Its only nonsense in junior land

Yet you still troll the junior thread

No I just think people need to see reality and get out of the grade mentality 

53 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

No I just think people need to see reality and get out of the grade mentality 

Clubs will decide that themselves without your sneering. Another question. Do you think your club would stand a chance of winning the Scottish Junior Cup if they came back in? Hypothetical of course but just interested if the move has imprioved the club.

Its not sneering it's doing what's right for scottish football having everyone in the one place. The juniors were great. Were being the word it's time to move on things evolve. We are proud of our junior history but we needed to move on for the good of the club

Well we often got to later stages same as we r in south challenge cup this year.

The move improved the club if you go back to september 2016 we were two weeks from going to the wall new committee came in and didnt really have the fans backing but some didnt come back but we got a lot of new fans. Our average was 100 now it's about 175. We also had one offs like groundhop day which would put that average above 175 but I dont include that.

We have our youth teams which has generated interest in the senior team which we didnt have before.

I joked to the secretary last week need to get a retractable roof its just as pie in the sky as floodlights toilets instead of a wall to piss on.  Potentially having a licence playing in Scottish cup.

Juniors was great but it was time to move on

49 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Its not sneering it's doing what's right for scottish football having everyone in the one place. The juniors were great. Were being the word it's time to move on things evolve. We are proud of our junior history but we needed to move on for the good of the club

Well we often got to later stages same as we r in south challenge cup this year.

The move improved the club if you go back to september 2016 we were two weeks from going to the wall new committee came in and didnt really have the fans backing but some didnt come back but we got a lot of new fans. Our average was 100 now it's about 175. We also had one offs like groundhop day which would put that average above 175 but I dont include that.

We have our youth teams which has generated interest in the senior team which we didnt have before.

I joked to the secretary last week need to get a retractable roof its just as pie in the sky as floodlights toilets instead of a wall to piss on.  Potentially having a licence playing in Scottish cup.

Juniors was great but it was time to move on

Fair enough pal. Great to hear it's working for your club. Thanks for the answer.

Still think you were sneering though

30 minutes ago, Boswelldriver said:

I find it hard to believe that any Talbot fan doesn't know if the Junior Cup final is shown live in TV. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I find it hard to believe that you can't follow the thread properly. I was asking if the South Challenge Cup is live on TV. 

I won't bother adding emojis.

1 hour ago, Boswelldriver said:
1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:
I find it hard to believe that you can't follow the thread properly. I was asking if the South Challenge Cup is live on TV. 
I won't bother adding emojis.

I will say sorry to you if you show me what I've supposed to have not followed properly.

I'm not looking for an apology pal. It's just a bit of a stretch thinking I didn't know the Junior Cup was shown live.

I had replied to AlanCamelonfan when he said the Scottish Junior Cup was valued on a par with the South Challenge Cup. The conversation dveloped from there. Others seem to have got it. All good though.

2 minutes ago, SaturdaySammy said:

I'm sure this venue has been mentioned every year going back....but never ends up being requested.  Would be a great venue for it IMO.

There's no doubt the hard working full time SJFA men will know all about the thoughts of fans. Maybe they have a packed Tuesday today with all that admin they have to do so it will be pushed to the bottom of the list again. It's a shame for them.

I'm very happy my club made the jump to the seniors, but let's not kid ourselves on that the Junior Cup final isn't by far the biggest game in non-league football.

Even with much reduced crowds, in the last two years there have been bigger attendances at the Junior Cup final than the Challenge Cup final. In the last 13 season the Junior Cup final has drawn a bigger crowd than the Challenge Cup final 6 times - and Rangers were in two of those Challenge Cup finals. The name recognition of the cup in the towns and communities whose clubs have been competitive in the Junior Cup is something worth preserving, and it would be great if it could include all senior non-league clubs (at least outside the Highlands) too. But I fear the leadership of the SJFA would rather let it wither and die than see that happen.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

There's no doubt the hard working full time SJFA men will know all about the thoughts of fans. Maybe they have a packed Tuesday today with all that admin they have to do so it will be pushed to the bottom of the list again. It's a shame for them.

Meeting scheduled for tonight is a West of Scotland management meeting not SJFA meeting

Just now, Chis said:

Meeting scheduled for tonight is a West of Scotland management meeting not SJFA meeting

Thanks for the info but I wasn't aware of a meeting. I was just making the point that the SJFA, who run the cup have a man in situe full time. He has ample time to sort out a solution to the annual problem but choses not to. The timing is coincidence. 

What's the agenda for tonight though?