Dons vs Saints 05/02/2020

The law of averages (and we have been very average) suggests that AFC will have a game when things work out well in front of goal.

I would suggest McGinn as the fabled Number 10 option is worth a try.

Stevie May looked to have a bit of his old mojo back judging by the weekend highlights.

3-1 home win.

Edited by tarapoa

14 hours ago, starryfish said:

Hernandez to start? I think he’ll appear in second half

Logan's been rotten for a good few months now. Hernandez to start. I'd like to see 2 up top for this one with either McGinn or Anderson playing off Cosgrove. 

1 1. Cosgrove(p) and May

The long wait for a goal from open play to continue. 

4 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Logan's been rotten for a good couple of years now. Hernandez to start. I'd like to see 2 up top for this one with either McGinn or Anderson playing off Cosgrove. 

1 1. Cosgrove(p) and May

The long wait for a goal from open play to continue. 

FTFY

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Logan was pretty good on Saturday to be fair. He’s capable of putting in a defensive performance.

He’s lost any ability to go forward though and even from deep positions is ability on the ball is woeful these days.

Yeah. To be fair the back four were deeper than usual and with the wide players tracking back he didn't have anyone running at him. That's his main weakness. Runs backwards and lets the forward come thirty yards further forward than when he could have first engaged him.

Normally yes, but he's gone from being an asset to a bit of a liability this year. 
I've not seen that much of Parish (nobody has since he came to us)  and maybe he is poor, but Zander's not been himself lately and looks scared of the ball.
I saw him at Forfar. That was enough.

Looking forward to my ‘home game’ in the away end. Would be the biggest loss to me if we ended up going down. Two decent points already for us this season against Aberdeen and last year we fared well against them too. Would be more than happy with another point tomorrow night but can’t see it

My pessimism says we'll lose 1-0. St Johnstone will set in a similar way to Motherwell. Sit back, soak up the pressure and hit us on the counter attack. I'd be astonished if we get three points to be honest. Hopefully Kennedy and McGeough can pull the strings and get us something. Also looking forward to Hernandez appearing in one form or another.

3 minutes ago, Vancouver_Don said:

My pessimism says we'll lose 1-0. St Johnstone will set in a similar way to Motherwell. Sit back, soak up the pressure and hit us on the counter attack. I'd be astonished if we get three points to be honest. Hopefully Kennedy and McGeough can pull the strings and get us something. Also looking forward to Hernandez appearing in one form or another.

'Astonished' if we beat St Johnstone seems a bit dramatic, tbqh.

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tbf the BBC are saying we've only lost two of our last 9 games at Pittodrie, winning four.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf the BBC are saying we've only lost two of our last 9 games at Pittodrie, winning four.

Well, it will obviously be a tough game. I'm not naive enough to expect victory given we haven't beaten you this season and we've not really hit any sort of consistent form all season. I am not expecting any sort of comfortable victory.

'Astonished' if we beat you though? No, absolutely not.

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I can see this Aberdeen side sliding back to their usual mediocrity,  you need a wee shuffle with the management team imo. Throwing cash at it will not help if you don't have the right people in the right positions.

Which ironically is what Deeks management style is most famous for.

Hernandez to come on at.....left back :D or even midfield!

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well, it will obviously be a tough game. I'm not naive enough to expect victory given we haven't beaten you this season and we've not really hit any sort of consistent form all season. I am not expecting any sort of comfortable victory.

'Astonished' if we beat you though? No, absolutely not.

It's going to be tough. We all know Tommy is staunch and an Aberdeen hater so they'll raise their game for this one.

23 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I can see this Aberdeen side sliding back to their usual mediocrity,  you need a wee shuffle with the management team imo. Throwing cash at it will not help if you don't have the right people in the right positions.

Which ironically is what Deeks management style is most famous for.

Image result for america's next top model gif"

Both teams haven't exactly been free scoring of late. I'm expecting to see a rejuvenated May after his two goals against hearts and the extra motivation of playing against an old team. Besides this, he's been looking a lot more threatening of late so can see him nicking a goal tonight. Aberdeen haven't been playing free scoring football but expect them to score tonight with him advantage and a disrupted saints defence. 

Not much in this one tonight. If someone grabs all three points it'll be by just the one goal. That being said, I see this as a 1-1 draw with no side doing enough to come out on top.  

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fair enough. Our record at home against St Johnstone in recent years has been incredibly poor. This is exactly the type of game where we have an opportunity to overtake our rivals and we blow it. Lets see what happens.