Dons vs Saints 05/02/2020

Deservedly beaten at home by St Johnstone and Motherwell. Scraped by St Mirren and Hamilton. Held by St Johnstone the first time and Hibs. Hammered by Celtic and should have been 4-0 down to Rangers. Unacceptable.

Is there anyone out there who can honestly suggest our squad shouldn't be walking third place? 

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Would be firmly on the ‘McInnes’ in bandwagon if I was a sheep. Results are much more important than good performances for me, and he’s been consistently good since he joined. A blip this season, but still comfortably going to get in to Europe and still in the cup. Should have won more in the Delia era, but he’s surely got credit in the bank? 

Why would he have credit in the bank? He used that up last season.

8 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Credit in the bank surely is used in a below average season, and finishing fourth and sauntering to Europe while knocking the **** out of the league cup on the way to the final surely isn’t that bad? 

The ceiling for Aberdeen is surely third just now, so being fractionally away from that to me wouldn’t be that bad. 

I won’t pretend to know what Aberdeen fans should expect, but from an outsiders perspective it does have a bit of better the devil you know. 

Ali, we should be miles ahead in third and at least giving the **** something to think about. We can't in all honesty telly Willy Celtic win everything because of their bank balance whilst settling for where we are at.

The results are poor. The performances are poor. The stats are poor. The xG is poor.

Could you honestly say we've deserved three points in any of the games we've played against you this season? Think about how critical you have all been of your first half of the season.

I don't take it for granted. I could accept where we are of we'd been unlucky. If you were to look at every Aberdeen match thread (I know nobody is that sad) every team we've played bar probably Ross County have commented on how poor we were.

15 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

My pessimism says we'll lose 1-0. St Johnstone will set in a similar way to Motherwell. Sit back, soak up the pressure and hit us on the counter attack. I'd be astonished if we get three points to be honest. Hopefully Kennedy and McGeough can pull the strings and get us something. Also looking forward to Hernandez appearing in one form or another.

Can you tell us this weekend's lottery numbers too?

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Of course Willie is a dribbling simpleton, but proportionally the difference between having a budget of Celtic compared to Aberdeen and having a budget of Aberdeen compared to the rest is not the same thing. Look at the budget of Hearts and Hibs and their performance... 

I know that not everyone agrees with my philosophy on football, ie end result is 90% of what matters, and supporting a team like St Johnstone and supporting Aberdeen means having different expectations, but I am surprised to see such hostility to Aberdeen’s most successful manager in thirty years. Does he have any support left? 

If rumours are to be believed and Hernandez has cost the £800k Richard Gordon announced on sportsound at the weekend then that's a £1m of transfer fees we've agreed this season. How much have Motherwell spent?

We're lucky Hibs and Hearts are having poor seasons.

McInnes constantly states he's unhappy with how the team have played. We're playing the same way every week. We have a new multi million pound training ground. We're not being kicked off the astro turf at Banks o'Dee because Harlaw Academy's third year girls hockey team have booked the time slot.