Dons vs Saints 05/02/2020

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Would be firmly on the ‘McInnes’ in bandwagon if I was a sheep. Results are much more important than good performances for me, and he’s been consistently good since he joined. A blip this season, but still comfortably going to get in to Europe and still in the cup. Should have won more in the Delia era, but he’s surely got credit in the bank? 

You clearly have no understanding of football or Aberdeen or Derek McInnes.

12 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I know Derek McInnes. He was very successful at Saints, just like he’s been at Aberdeen. I don’t have much knowledge of Aberdeen other than that they are our bitches. 

well that is just a bare faced lie... he steadied the ship under a well run club with a good youth policy, he won f**k all and jumped ship at the first sign of a decent pay cheque

6 minutes ago, stuckinthecarpark said:

well that is just a bare faced lie... he steadied the ship under a well run club with a good youth policy, he won f**k all and jumped ship at the first sign of a decent pay cheque

He got us promoted after 8 years in division one, stabilised the club in the top flight and then built the side which eventually finished top 6, albeit he left before that was achieved. We were very good for McInnes - not many clubs would’ve given a pretty rubbish player a chance to be manager like we did with McInnes - but he was very good for us too. 

1 hour ago, stuckinthecarpark said:

You are not very good at this trolling game are you son..?Far too obvious you need to be more subtle.Less is more..

Absolutely class goal by the way, love that you can see Ali think "oo theres space here" as he bursts a gut to get forward, perfectly weighted through-ball from (who else) big Liam Craig and then McCann takes one touch to give himself a bit of time and then one effortless drink over the keeper. 

Lets enjoy him while he's here lads. If he'd been a United player they'd have sold him to Millwall or Luton by now. 

12 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Love that Liam Craig has barely played all season then comes back in and starts playing absolutely brilliant balls forward like that one. McCann is just brilliant as well.

I genuinely can't believe it's the same player from the games against Montrose and Forfar - I saw him as an equal to Kyle McClean (who doesn't have a club). An absolutely superb season for him and his new contract is looking like a masterstroke. 

19 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

I genuinely can't believe it's the same player from the games against Montrose and Forfar - I saw him as an equal to Kyle McClean (who doesn't have a club). An absolutely superb season for him and his new contract is looking like a masterstroke. 

McLean has signed for Linfield again I think.

8 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Would be firmly on the ‘McInnes’ in bandwagon if I was a sheep. Results are much more important than good performances for me, and he’s been consistently good since he joined. A blip this season, but still comfortably going to get in to Europe and still in the cup. Should have won more in the Delia era, but he’s surely got credit in the bank? 

I wouldn't bet on that

Having played one game against League One opposition, scored via a penalty.This is only the quarter finals

8 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Of course Willie is a dribbling simpleton, but proportionally the difference between having a budget of Celtic compared to Aberdeen and having a budget of Aberdeen compared to the rest is not the same thing. Look at the budget of Hearts and Hibs and their performance... 

I know that not everyone agrees with my philosophy on football, ie end result is 90% of what matters, and supporting a team like St Johnstone and supporting Aberdeen means having different expectations, but I am surprised to see such hostility to Aberdeen’s most successful manager in thirty years.* Does he have any support left? 

He didn't have a lot of opposition, did he? Roy Aitken also won the League Cup.

* 29 years actually, In 1989/90 Jocky Scott & Alex Smith won the cup double.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update

Since a lot of Saints fans didn't manage to get the stream working, I'll give my thoughts. 

We started really well and passed the ball about beautifully. Quick, accurate passing that was cutting them open and getting our attacking players isolating their defenders. The goal was lovely, the patience then timing and pace of the ball by Craig did so much of the work and Tommy Wright's man made it look so, so simple. He also absolutely crunched Kennedy at one point in the second half. What a man. 

We kept at it following the goal but lost something when O'Halloran went off and by the end of the half were hanging on, without Clark ever been overly stretched. 

We didn't come close to passing the ball nearly well enough in the second half and it made it hard for May to get a sniff but the team worked and pressed really well; what a shift Jason Holt put in. 

Aberdeen were so poor though that they couldn't make anything of all their possession. Clark made one save from a ball into the box from a free-kick that created a scramble and then they hit they post when we gave away a silly foul late on. Other than that, nothing at all. No attempt to break the lines with passes, instead just sideways and backwards, sideways and backwards. Brutal to watch. The new right back looked like he'd bought his own kit. 

Getting to the stage where every point will be a decent one, what a turnaround from that full-time whistle in Paisley. 

Edited by Radford

After seeing the players reactions at the end of the game I'm no longer pessimistic about the remainder of this SPL season. The players looked frustrated and defeated last night however I think we'll see the team go on a run starting with a win against Killie  (2-0). Last night was needed and was the catalyst for our season. I think we'll finish third now and reach the Scottish cup final.

5 hours ago, Radford said:

Aberdeen were so poor though that they couldn't make anything of all their possession. Clark made one save from a ball into the box from a free-kick that created a scramble and then they hit they post when we gave away a silly foul late on. Other than that, nothing at all. No attempt to break the lines with passes, instead just sideways and backwards, sideways and backwards. Brutal to watch. The new right back looked like he'd bought his own kit. 

Thanks - this Saintee has saved me the bother of a match synopsis.

Rinse. Repeat.........most of our games this season

14 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Thank you for Mcinnes
The joy he's bringing
Thanks for all the points
That he's given
Who could live without him
I ask in all honesty
Where would we be
Without our Del at the Dons
What are we
So I say thank you to Mcinnes
He still a big Saintee

Well done on producing something more turgid than last night's game.