Dons vs Saints 05/02/2020

12 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I can see this Aberdeen side sliding back to their usual mediocrity,  you need a wee shuffle with the management team imo. Throwing cash at it will not help if you don't have the right people in the right positions.

Which ironically is what Deeks management style is most famous for.

You boys should read this again, take it all in, deep breaths lads.

When did we last score from open play? Was it Hearts away?

That was a free kick. Last goal from open play was a distant memory - Boxing Day against Livi.
We have scored 2 goals in the last 6 games. One pen (Dumbarton). One free kick (Hearts).

My pessimism says we'll lose 1-0. St Johnstone will set in a similar way to Motherwell. Sit back, soak up the pressure and hit us on the counter attack. I'd be astonished if we get three points to be honest. Hopefully Kennedy and McGeough can pull the strings and get us something. Also looking forward to Hernandez appearing in one form or another.

Spot on [emoji122]

Anyone who has watched us regularly will know that our current form was always a very real possibility as soon as Cosgrove hit a baron patch. And here we are.
If we don’t find a way to turn this sh1t show around quickly, we will be papped out of the cup and flop out of the top 6 by early March.

Oooft. 

The result made up for watching (half) that game on a mobile phone with a very, very ropey stream. 

If we'd tried that classic shithousing stuff against almost any other team in the league I'd be raging as it's a recipe to ship goals. Thankfully it was ludicrously comfortable against 'that' Aberdeen.  

Good to see though that we can still do that on the back of the attacking performance on Saturday. Not out of the woods yet by any means - still a tough run of fixtures - but starting to look a wee bit brighter. 

Could really have done with Livingston helping us out a bit but that's a good 3 points. Hope MOH isn't serious. 

Dreary me no spark and easy to defend against as per usual.Well done Saints.Why oh why did i buy a ticket for Killie cup game ha ha guess it's what fans do.Will enjoy pre match beers though not looking forward to game itself.

Ho hum ever hopeful things will turn around but don't expect it to.