Ross County v Livi

33 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Kind of expected that. A win would have put us in a wonderful position, what with Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell all losing - at least we haven't lost ground I suppose. 

I'm slightly surprised at Holts reaction after the game. It sounds like we were poor (according to the support anyway), but according to him we were always in it, gave their all, tried to win etc. He's not been slow in the past at digging out the team - he's perhaps trying to keep heads up for Saturday.

Yea, based on his reaction after other games I thought he might've said 'we think we are better than we are, need to do the simple things' but it does look like we were always in it (10 shots to 5, according to Sky) and had one of them gone in you never know. I think maybe that's Holt acknowledging that the boys are performing at a high level generally. Like you say, at least we didn't lose points on the teams above us and hopefully we can get a positive result against Caley :)

Edited by crispy

8 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Theres zero debate. He is miles offside.
Same with first goal.

20200206_100905.thumb.jpg.2295001cdb72e94db9cd8d2ed5e4dc32.jpg

Thanks to Livi TV for the camera angle but surprisingly he's definitely onside as he looked miles off on all of the other video clips.

Honking defending from Livi.

38 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Thanks to Livi TV for the camera angle but surprisingly he's definitely onside as he looked miles off on all of the other video clips.

I never seen that pass was an option until it was at Mckay's feet. Unreal from Vigurs, who many thought was finished

57 minutes ago, crispy said:

Yea, based on his reaction after other games I thought he might've said 'we think we are better than we are, need to do the simple things' but it does look like we were always in it (10 shots to 5, according to Sky) and had one of them gone in you never know. I think maybe that's Holt acknowledging that the boys are performing at a high level generally. Like you say, at least we didn't lose points on the teams above us and hopefully we can get a positive result against Caley :)

Fine lines as things change from one game to the next, may not have lost ground on Aberdeen, or seen Hibs coming back up on us, but St Johnstone and Killie closed the gap on us, so all of a sudden we've gone from looking at top 4, to holding onto top 6 if Killie get another win and we lose to St Mirren next Wed. Course we win at home again and everything is back to being peachy.:lol:

Hopefully County also beat Hibs next week too.

10 hours ago, Rosscubed said:

Highlights up already

1. Decent kick out from Baxter to start first goal

2.very pleasing to see Kelly and Fraser in build up, Kelly has a very nice cross on him

3.highlights don't really help with offside debate for second goal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51290573

ATS flounces around as the ball gets put in high from the cross for the first goal, but Fraser holding off Guthrie gave McKay the space he needed for the shot, well played by him. 2nd goal was really poor defending from us, some pass by Vigurs though.

52 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I never seen that pass was an option until it was at Mckay's feet. Unreal from Vigurs, who many thought was finished

Vigurs still has creativity and vision with a pass that nobody else in our squad can do. He's just a bampot in the tackle who has no engine. 

I don't want to get too carried away because we've seen how County can't string more than two positive results together this season, but I hope SK/SF stick with a variation of the back five for a run of games. It's probably the only formation we've got options for - Foster, Fraser, or Mullin on the right; Foster or Kelly on the left; and it means there's a space for someone like Paton in midfield.

6 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:
2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Are we looking at the same picture? He's clearly offside.

The Livi defender on the far side of the pitch appears to be playing him on but the angle is not great to say for sure....that defender is a bit hidden under the big play button which I totally did not press several times to play the clip.......

If it had been the winner in a 1-0 game i'd have been a tad annoyed at that being given, and not offside, but it wasn't, and prob made no difference to the outcome. Much like the Aberdeen 'penalty' for their 2nd goal at the TMA, although that one annoys me cause it added a goal onto our fantastic home record of having conceded only 5 goals in the league, and the Morelos offside goal does too, as we should only have 3 goals conceded in 12 home games, and not 5.

Our away goals against record is abysmal though so makes no odds on that score either.

Not wishing to be vanilla, but it’s very hard to tell from that still. VAR would have ruined the whole thing either way.
In fairness, I think you're right. It's more dubious than I originally thought. You would have been likely to take all 3 points regardless so I guess it's relatively unimportant. Good luck for the rest of the season, unless we happen to be rematched after the split!

1 hour ago, hoobahabba said:
3 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Are we looking at the same picture? He's clearly offside.

The defender by the big play button is playing him on. If you follow the grass lines going across the pitch you should be able to tell too.

I suppose we'll get the definite answer on Sportscene tonight if it's even debated.

Edited by staggy4life

47 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If it had been the winner in a 1-0 game i'd have been a tad annoyed at that being given, and not offside, but it wasn't, and prob made no difference to the outcome. Much like the Aberdeen 'penalty' for their 2nd goal at the TMA, although that one annoys me cause it added a goal onto our fantastic home record of having conceded only 5 goals in the league, and the Morelos offside goal does too, as we should only have 3 goals conceded in 12 home games, and not 5.

Our away goals against record is abysmal though so makes no odds on that score either.

Haha, I agree about those two goals being annoying! I don't buy it when people say a goal doesn't have an effect on the outcome of a game. Since goals are scored in any minute of a game the 2-0 lead, like in the Aberdeen game, really makes it insurmountable whereas at 1-0 you could do a 'Motherwell nearly scored' in a game that couldn't have been anymore one sided. It looks like we were offering as much as County throughout this game so there would always have been a chance

Edited by crispy

It wasn't a great game from County, more an effective performance.  I've seen us play far better and lose this season.

Harry Paton had a great first half, he really seemed to relish the ruff treatment from Sibbald & Bartley. Donaldson, Morris and Draper looked really solid. It was Vigurs best performance in a County top in years.  Fraser has obviously been let loose and told to rampage up the right wing in a Andy Roberson style, his teeing up for McKay was excellent.  McKay really should have made it 3 after a great cross from Kelly.  Erwin is looking more and more impressive, he goes into battle with defenders all the time, maybe not winning but certainly making his presence felt and making defenders life difficult, his close control is very impressive so hopefully a goal or two will be forthcoming.

Marcus Fraser has been poor for the best part of a year but he looks so much more comfortable when he is further up the park, making the runs down the right side like he used to under McIntyre.

If we aren't getting wingers in this is the formation to go with. Where does Stewart fit in this team?

14 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Marcus Fraser has been poor for the best part of a year but he looks so much more comfortable when he is further up the park, making the runs down the right side like he used to under McIntyre.

If we aren't getting wingers in this is the formation to go with. Where does Stewart fit in this team?

Definitely the formation I'd prefer at the moment and credit to the management duo for finally changing the formation as it's been very frustrating constantly playing players out of position to play a 4-5-1/4-4-2 when we only have one fit winger.

I like Erwin but Stewart is still ahead of Erwin for me if we keep this formation.