Ross County v Livi

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s pretty scandalous that they didn’t sign anyone to cover that position. Even a loan. Gardyne’s barely a winger these days.

Gardyne has always been an attacking midfielder to me that can play wide if needed, playing off of Mcmenamin was the best we've seen of him

imagine having 4 wingers to start a season
releasing one
terminating the loan of another
one gets injured so you play a striker there
he gets injured
then you play central midfielders there
and you STILL don't sign a winger

Who plays wide right for Livingston? I hope for our sake he’s not fast, or skilful, or able to kick a football or run.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Who plays wide right for Livingston? I hope for our sake he’s not fast, or skilful, or able to kick a football or run.

We actually have quite a few options on the wings with Lawless; Robinson; Menga; and Souda being the most effective. I could include Erskine if he ever actually decided what position he played.

We also have Lawson and Sibbald who have played on the wing but with varying effectiveness.

12 minutes ago, Durnford said:

We actually have quite a few options on the wings with Lawless; Robinson; Menga; and Souda being the most effective. I could include Erskine if he ever actually decided what position he played.

We also have Lawson and Sibbald who have played on the wing but with varying effectiveness.

Did Dykes play on the wing for QoS? I remember seeing a lot of him on the left vs County in the first division but I dont know if that was just him drifting across and taking advantage of space there. Take it he plays centrally for Livi? 

3 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Did Dykes play on the wing for QoS? I remember seeing a lot of him on the left vs County in the first division but I dont know if that was just him drifting across and taking advantage of space there. Take it he plays centrally for Livi? 

The last 2 goals he's set up for Scott Pittman have been from the left wing, but yes, he's being played as a lone striker that basically goes where he wants.

Robinson or Souda are most likely to be on the right wing (from our attacking mid three), with McMillan/Lawson/Devlin getting down there from his RB position, which he's been pretty good at recently.

32 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Could see Dolly Menga playing there at some point tonight, he's very quick and relentlessly direct, not so good at the kicking of a ball part though. Wouldn't say he was skilful as frantically chaotic, and very unpredictable. He put 5 Hearts players on their arses and stuck the ball through their keepers legs in our 5-0 win last season, you just don't know what he's going to do, don't think he does either right enough.

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The last 2 goals he's set up for Scott Pittman have been from the left wing, but yes, he's being played as a lone striker that basically goes where he wants.

Robinson or Souda are most likely to be on the right wing (from our attacking mid three), with McMillan/Lawson/Devlin getting down there from his RB position, which he's been pretty good at recently.

If you're including wing-backs - don't forget ATS; he's been a revelation.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Could see Dolly Menga playing there at some point tonight, he's very quick and relentlessly direct, not so good at the kicking of a ball part though. Wouldn't say he was skilful as frantically chaotic, and very unpredictable. He put 5 Hearts players on their arses and stuck the ball through their keepers legs in our 5-0 win last season, you just don't know what he's going to do, don't think he does either right enough.

Would absolutely take Menga at County, we are missing that 'Chaos' factor that he brings.  He's a poor mans Adama Traore!

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

If you're including wing-backs - don't forget ATS; he's been a revelation.

Yeah on the left hand side, was just listing our right wing options. 

McMillan seems to have found some confidence in the last couple of games, and looks a lot better at putting in crosses, him and ATS played well getting down both flanks.

26 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Plus he stuck the heid on Ryan Christie, which i'm guessing would be endearing to County fans.

See the source image

It was hardly sticking the heid on him. Griffiths stamp had more force than Menga's "headbutt". In fact, me blowing into a paperbag has more force than Menga's "headbutt".

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Souda and Robbo have been playing on the left hand side it's Lawless that plays on the right cutting inside onto his favoured left foot. We do sometimes switch during the match but mostly Souda/Robbo on the left and Lawless on the right

Souda and Robbo have been playing on the left hand side it's Lawless that plays on the right cutting inside onto his favoured left foot. We do sometimes switch during the match but mostly Souda/Robbo on the left and Lawless on the right

Wonder if Foster might get the nod at left back then.

1 hour ago, spiggle said:

It was hardly sticking the heid on him. Griffiths stamp had more force than Menga's "headbutt". In fact, me blowing into a paperbag has more force than Menga's "headbutt".

And yet it was Menga who picked up the retrospective red card. Griffiths stood on the guys chest which is pretty unacceptable no matter who you are.

24 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

If you look at different games they've been on either wing right enough, Lawless was set up on the left with Dykes on the right against Hibs, and started on the left against Sevco too,  but yep he has started on  the right most of the games this season. Always in my mind he's a left winger as he seems to be on that side a lot during the game.

Real shame I cant make it; the Staggie pies are almost worth the trip on their own. And the County boys are the most hospitable we've come across this season; what other team give you a three goal start out of the goodness of their heart. Highland hospitality at its best.

Keep it up please.