Ross County v Livi

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah Brown doesn't even need a target man to aim for, to flick on his long throws, hence why the ball went over everyone on Saturday and reached ATS at the back post after it bounced up from the middle of the 6 yard box. Gallagher was a brilliant target man for Lithgow's throw ins, since he left they weren't nearly as affective this season, but Brown's give us no need for a target man and cause chaos again. 

It's also good that ATS is making runs at the back post, Halkett was the man for that job last season and scored a few goals doing it, we also need someone to be making runs in there during normal play, for balls hit across goal, twice a goal went a begging against Motherwell and Hamilton in our last two games. Pitts used to be excellent at getting in there for such balls.

I love that ATS got on the end of a McMillan cross against Hamilton.

He'll be back at some point this season, now that he's recovering from his op and injury, he wasn't made Captain because he wasn't rated good enough.
The only way i can see him getting back on the team long term is an injury to Brown or Guthrie....even then Al is slower than Lamie with his lack of pace leading to him being caught out a few times already this season. Bartley has also looked a better captain since covering in Al's absence...I love the guy to bits and he's been a great servant to the club but we have better options now.

It's a little harsh, but there's an element of truth to that. Guthrie has firmly planted himself as CB #1, and the question is do we partner him with Lithgow, Brown or Lamie? I think the other 3 are all of similar ability, however Brown definitely has the highest ceiling. Unfortunately he's not our player. Yet.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

It's a little harsh, but there's an element of truth to that. Guthrie has firmly planted himself as CB #1, and the question is do we partner him with Lithgow, Brown or Lamie? I think the other 3 are all of similar ability, however Brown definitely has the highest ceiling. Unfortunately he's not our player. Yet.

Still its good to have the options for our backline.Crucial to us at the moment.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The only way i can see him getting back on the team long term is an injury to Brown or Guthrie....even then Al is slower than Lamie with his lack of pace leading to him being caught out a few times already this season. Bartley has also looked a better captain since covering in Al's absence...I love the guy to bits and he's been a great servant to the club but we have better options now.

So was Deccy on quite a few occasions when he was at Livi, hasn't stopped him getting a Scotland call up and being a good defender. Would be good for us to get a period of having a settled defence right enough but it hasn't done us much harm so far this season, not on our home record anyway.

2 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Yep I don't think it matters which one partners Guthrie, not as if we've done badly having about 6.000 changes in defence this season.😂

Brown has surprised me though, he's looking a decent prospect, but he isn't our player, so wouldn't write Lithgow off from ever playing for us regularly just yet, he's still capable of doing a decent job for us, as is Lamie. Dunno who it was, but I can remember reading folk saying McMillan should be punted too, and was useless, but he's come in and done a great job this season, there's still life in Lithgow at this level yet, he's just had a tough spell with his illness keeping him out, and needs to get back up to speed (sic).

Anyway - is anyone else getting nervous about how bad County currently are according to many of their own support. How many times have we come across this scenario before only for the supposed "dead-duck" to miraculously come back to life when we visit.

Everything points to an away win... apart from experience.

Also we never seem to perform at our best whenever we're the pundits' favourites. Oh for being the under-dogs again.

40 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Anyway - is anyone else getting nervous about how bad County currently are according to many of their own support. How many times have we come across this scenario before only for the supposed "dead-duck" to miraculously come back to life when we visit.

Everything points to an away win... apart from experience.

Also we never seem to perform at our best whenever we're the pundits' favourites. Oh for being the under-dogs again.

Don't worry, we're rotten. Have one natural wide player in the entire squad atm. You will bully us and win by at least 2 goals.

I'll be honest, this one is giving me the fear. Not so much because of who we're up against, albeit I know Ross County are on a miserable run, but because of the game at the weekend. ICT in the cup at the weekend is absolutely massive for us. Can't emphasise how much I want us to win that one.

7 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

I'll be honest, this one is giving me the fear. Not so much because of who we're up against, albeit I know Ross County are on a miserable run, but because of the game at the weekend. ICT in the cup at the weekend is absolutely massive for us. Can't emphasise how much I want us to win that one.

I'm actually of the opposite view; for me the league is more important. A wee cup run would be nice but its little more than a distraction.

21 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I'm actually of the opposite view; for me the league is more important. A wee cup run would be nice but its little more than a distraction.

It just feels to me as if it's been forever since we had any kind of Scottish Cup run. This is an opportunity, against lower league opposition who have dropped the ball in recent weeks (one eye on this tie methinks), to get into the last eight. 

With regards the league, I know exactly what you're saying. It should be our sole focus. A top six finish for us would be remarkable. I'm not looking beyond top six because I think 4th place, which it seems has been on everyone's lips since the weekend, whilst achievable, is fanciful.

I just think that, at this exact moment, Saturday is the bigger game. 

Not sure there's a right or wrong answer really; but personally I'd like to see a number of first team players, who have been out through injury (or out of favour), get the chance to show us what they can do again. The likes of Lithgow, Lawson; Menga, Lamie; Oddofin; Crawford; Jacobs; Devlin (maybe) and Souda. Plus Scofield if fit.

Irrespective it would be one hell of a team

9 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Not sure there's a right or wrong answer really; but personally I'd like to see a number of first team players, who have been out through injury (or out of favour), get the chance to show us what they can do again. The likes of Lithgow, Lawson; Menga, Lamie; Oddofin; Crawford; Jacobs; Devlin (maybe) and Souda. Plus Scofield if fit.

Irrespective it would be one hell of a team

I'd imagine this will be Menga's return....rest Dykes on the bench and have Dolly run them ragged with the option of bringing Dykes in if need be to go up against a tired defence.

I think it would be a real shame to lose to a lower placed team on a bad run considering we just beat a higher placed team on a good run. I don't yet think we have the luxury of making wholesale changes and particularly away from home. I think this will be a real tough one.

I wouldn't start Dolly until I'd seem him come of the bench a few times and impact tired defences. Ofcourse I don't see him in training so I don't know what shape he's in. I also just had a convo with a Hibee (at the hospital) and it was all pretty amicable until he wished me defeat for Livi in the next 5 games. I nearly had the red mist and I now realllly hope we keep them beneath us :D

A Scottish Cup run would also be wonderful. Great to be looking forward to good things in two competitions at this stage in the season. League edges it for me though.

Edited by crispy

Need to win this game and the home one against St Mirren to give us a free hit of the Sevco game at Ibrox, pressure would be off us a good bit if we could keep our winning run going till then.

Cup game is where i'd piss about with the team a bit to rest up some players for the St Mirren game, and give players coming back from injuries a run out. Plus see what Dolly is like fitness wise (would also love to see Dolly start at Ibrox to soften them up a bit for Dykes coming on 2nd half). 

Getting ahead of things a bit though, the old 'lets take it one game at a time' has served us well, this is an important game for us, we need to be fully focussed on it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER