Ross County v Livi

Draper’s best game in a county shirt tonight for me. Commanded from start to finish. Was a surprisingly good balance in that middle 3 with Paton bringing energy, Vigurs’ technical ability and Draper’s brute force - what we bought him for.

Good to see Mckay looking sharp, but jury’s still out on Erwin. Frustrating player to watch; shows glimpses of quality then cant be arsed jumping for headers.

Thought Kelly and Fraser didn’t do much wrong tonight, helped make it a 352 with the ball but then 532 without it. I enjoyed the formation - suits us.

Thought Livi were a bit meh. Definitely expected more, threatened but never really looked like scoring. Dykes is a real player though. Not sure what age he is like, but if he’s young he’s got a big move in him.

All in all a much needed 3 points and f**k Caley Thistle.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Draper’s best game in a county shirt tonight for me. Commanded from start to finish. Was a surprisingly good balance in that middle 3 with Paton bringing energy, Vigurs’ technical ability and Draper’s brute force - what we bought him for.

Good to see Mckay looking sharp, but jury’s still out on Erwin. Frustrating player to watch; shows glimpses of quality then cant be arsed jumping for headers.

Thought Kelly and Fraser didn’t do much wrong tonight, helped make it a 352 with the ball but then 532 without it. I enjoyed the formation - suits us.

Thought Livi were a bit meh. Definitely expected more, threatened but never really looked like scoring. Dykes is a real player though. Not sure what age he is like, but if he’s young he’s got a big move in him.

Dykes is 24, so definitely still got a big move in him. Still has two and a half years on his deal too 

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Takes me back to Craig Brown and the mid to late 90s.

Fraser and Kelly the modern day McKimmie and Boyd? 

Highlights up already
1. Decent kick out from Baxter to start first goal
2.very pleasing to see Kelly and Fraser in build up, Kelly has a very nice cross on him
3.highlights don't really help with offside debate for second goal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51290573
Theres zero debate. He is miles offside.
Same with first goal.

18 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Theres zero debate. He is miles offside.
Same with first goal.

20200206_014656.thumb.jpg.9ae195dd4380585e317420e5c0bce95b.jpg

First goal he's about 3 yards onside I'm afraid thanks to your player 2nd from the left marking Paton.

2nd goal he looks miles offside though but I'm yet to see a decent camera angle to see by how much.

Edited by staggy4life

Just saw the highlights. Comedy defending for the first goal very uncharecreristic from us.Second goal looks a mile offside.Not sour grapes but didnt get the breaks last night. Well done County.Got to lift ourselves for Saturday. We are still in a good position.🦁 

I was in line with the 2nd, he was comfortably onside, honking positioning and tracking by the Livi defender to let him run clear. You can't see that from the highlight angle though, it's too slow to pan round.

I wasn't too optimistic seeing the lineup but credit to the managers, they got the tactics spot on. Livi's tactics seemed to consist of just lumping it forward and pressing absolutely everything. 3 at the back and a physical midfield nullified that most of the time. Mackay would have been the easy, lazy choice for MOTM given the goals (like the BBC did), but it was Draper & Donaldson that stood out for me. Erwin's growing on me game by game too, I reckon he could do with a couple of goals to get him up and running too.

Haven’t seen the replays, but the second goal looked like just the confident finish Mckay needs to go on a wee run of goals.

Edit: it also looked like the kind of goal County can only score with Vigurs in the team.

As you’d expect, the highlights on the Livi site show it as if it was all Livi pressing for a goal and County scored with their only two chances😅 If so, the clinical edge is clearly something we still need to do a lot of work on; sloppy goals to concede, too. Didn’t look like Guthrie’s shot was too far away at all but it didn’t drop in. County scoring on 2 mins really was the perfect storm for that to go wrong too 😂 offside/onside doesn’t have any effect now so I won’t pursue that.

Well done to County. There are lots of other teams that I hate to lose to but these seem like good guys.

Edited by crispy

Kind of expected that. A win would have put us in a wonderful position, what with Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell all losing - at least we haven't lost ground I suppose. 

I'm slightly surprised at Holts reaction after the game. It sounds like we were poor (according to the support anyway), but according to him we were always in it, gave their all, tried to win etc. He's not been slow in the past at digging out the team - he's perhaps trying to keep heads up for Saturday.