Ross County v Livi

Ross County in terrible form, Livi in great form, means only one thing right? Home win?

We’ve had County’s number this season so far, twice scoring 4 goals, we are unbeaten in 10 but in the 4 away games in that run we’ve only won 1. 
Despite the poor run Ross County find themselves on, 7 without a win, only 2 of those games have been at home and they have ended in a draw and a defeat, previously winning the two before that, correct me if I’m wrong County fans. 

If we continue the levels we’ve been at recently we will win the game, if we let those levels drop we could be in trouble, another big game this in our quest to secure a top 6 spot. 

We didn’t make a change at the weekend so I’m wondering if we will freshen things up or we go again with the same line up, lots of options. 

Taken time off work to head to this so I’m hoping for another classic away day. 

Currently, Bartley is out for this, right?  Can/should we appeal that ridiculous booking to have an ever present in the team or accept that he’ll be suspended at some point so might aswell get it out of the way on Wed? If so, Jacobs seems like the likely starter for me although Crawford could get the nod.

I am still buzzing from that performance yesterday. It really is among the top of the last two seasons. If am to be at all critical (😂), we should have converted another of our 16 chances; Pittman’s was arguably the best.

1 minute ago, crispy said:

Currently, Bartley is out for this, right?  Can/should we appeal that ridiculous booking to have an ever present in the team or accept that he’ll be suspended at some point so might aswell get it out of the way on Wed? If so, Jacobs seems like the likely starter for me although Crawford could get the nod.

I am still buzzing from that performance yesterday. It really is among the top of the last two seasons. If am to be at all critical (😂), we should have converted another of our 16 chances; Pittman’s was arguably the best.

He’s accumulated enough yellows to trigger a suspension but found out after recording the podcast that it doesn’t come in until 14 days after the booking which I think means he’ll miss Rangers at Ibrox. 

5 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

He’s accumulated enough yellows to trigger a suspension but found out after recording the podcast that it doesn’t come in until 14 days after the booking which I think means he’ll miss Rangers at Ibrox. 

Jeez, what’s the rationale behind 14 days? I’d fancy us to put the willies up them, despite the surface.

Nb - possibly for the Livi thread 😅

Edited by crispy

7 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

That's a good outcome if so. Would prefer he was available for this game and the St. Mirren one.

Fancy us to win here if we can keep a clean sheet. 

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Ross County in terrible form, Livi in great form, means only one thing right? Home win?

We’ve had County’s number this season so far, twice scoring 4 goals, we are unbeaten in 10 but in the 4 away games in that run we’ve only won 1. 
Despite the poor run Ross County find themselves on, 7 without a win, only 2 of those games have been at home and they have ended in a draw and a defeat, previously winning the two before that, correct me if I’m wrong County fans. 

If we continue the levels we’ve been at recently we will win the game, if we let those levels drop we could be in trouble, another big game this in our quest to secure a top 6 spot. 

We didn’t make a change at the weekend so I’m wondering if we will freshen things up or we go again with the same line up, lots of options. 

Taken time off work to head to this so I’m hoping for another classic away day. 

Yeah always get a foreboding feeling going into games where we're so much big favourites to win a game, esp an away game.

County have to put up a better showing some time against us, it has been too easy so far, but we're on such good form i'd fancy us against anyone, even away from home...……………………………...aw f**k, there's that foreboding feeling coming back, our current good form just has to end sometime. 

So anyway, taking nothing for granted here, just want us to put in the same level of performance we have in our last few games and hopefully we get another great result. #dreamingofcatchingupwithaberdeen 

8 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Hoping Livi players are more over-confident than their fans.

Anything could happen. I think we’d need to see a month or two of picking up something (incl. a win) away from home to be confident.

Edited by crispy

A win here could potentially see us 1 point behind Aberdeen and 4 behind Motherwell. Recent games against RC we've humped them so need to be at it again. Keep this run going as long as possible and try create some light away from Motherwell/Aberdeen and we're laughing going into the split (8 games after this one so a long way to go still)

County aren't mugs. I know we're on a good run of form, but this is exactly the kind of game that's likely to trip us up. Long midweek trip to Dingwall against a battling side who are good in the centre of the park and potent up front.

Lawl who am I kidding. 6-0 Livi, Dykes with 4 and Steve Lawson to score one from 47 yards.

County will win this. Or get a draw at the very least. As much as I hope that our win at Hamilton was an end to our bad away form; I fear it just means we've got this year's away win out the way early.

McCrorie

McMillan  -  Guthrie  -  Lithgow  -  ATS

Bartley  -  Sibbald

Lawless  -  Pittman  -  Robinson

Dykes

I was really feared about going back to County on the belief that they'd go all out for revenge after our last two meetings. 

However, the fact that they've signed Coll Donaldson has made me feel a bit better; lovely guy and not a bad footballer some of the time - other times its like watching Norman Wisdom.

Edit - of course the true downside is, if he's now with Ross County, he wont be at the centre off OCT's defence four days later :(

Edited by Durnford

County will win this. Or get a draw at the very least. As much as I hope that our win at Hamilton was an end to our bad away form; I fear it just means we've got this year's away win out the way early.

McCrorie

Bartley  -  Sibbald

Dykes

Very harsh to drop Brown...he's been solid since signing and I'd say the partnership of him and Guthrie is our strongest CB pairing

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
12 hours ago, LiviLion said:

McCrorie

Bartley  -  Sibbald

Dykes

Very harsh to drop Brown...he's been solid since signing and I'd say the partnership of him and Guthrie is our strongest CB pairing

You know what... I completely forgot about him, probably because I was playing Football Manager and he's not in the Livi squad so didn't exist to me when I wrote that :lol: Would have him ahead of Lithgow.

13 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
12 hours ago, LiviLion said:

McCrorie

Bartley  -  Sibbald

Dykes

Agreed - and those long throws are far better than anything Lithgow has in his arsenal.

I would be prone to suggest giving Lithgow a run-out against ICT to see how he bears up.

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Agreed - and those long throws are far better than anything Lithgow has in his arsenal.

I would be prone to suggest giving Lithgow a run-out against ICT to see how he bears up.

Yeah Brown doesn't even need a target man to aim for, to flick on his long throws, hence why the ball went over everyone on Saturday and reached ATS at the back post after it bounced up from the middle of the 6 yard box. Gallagher was a brilliant target man for Lithgow's throw ins, since he left they weren't nearly as affective this season, but Brown's give us no need for a target man and cause chaos again. 

It's also good that ATS is making runs at the back post, Halkett was the man for that job last season and scored a few goals doing it, we also need someone to be making runs in there during normal play, for balls hit across goal, twice a goal went a begging against Motherwell and Hamilton in our last two games. Pitts used to be excellent at getting in there for such balls.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER