Motherwell v Celtic

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Hylton looked nervous from the start and snatched badly at an early shot but strangely had the beating of his man when he got going- just didn't look confident enough in what he was doing. Robinson went nuts at his second half back heel and I'm sure he would have been off if Aarons was match-fit. Hopefully he gets his confidence back in time for Saturday as he still looks better than Seedorf.

I think the level of Celtic just highlights that he's got to go a bit further. At the start of the season he looked a bit out of his depth, has worked and raised his level to match 9 out of the 11 other teams (generally), but still has to go a bit further to compete against the OF. Think he'll get there, but it'll just take a bit of time.

Very strange perception of the last 2 games, both Hamilton and Motherwell played well but in very different ways.
Hamilton got a goal and made it hard for Celtic to break them down yet Motherwell probably deserved a goal on the balance of play.
In terms of Celtic dropping points some fans think it's harder to play teams away from home i'm not so sure.
Celtic have dropped the same amount of points as they did in the invincible season with 13 games to go.
For me Celtic's level hasn't dropped, I think the rest of the teams in the league are just getting better.

13 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Lenny has really got this squad firing. As much as Rodgers was a very astute tactician and achieved astounding success at Celtic, this football we’re currently playing and this talented squad is a joy to watch.

It does feel a lot more ruthless of a side than Rodgers' was. His felt pretty set in a pattern, and he could change it if absolutely required. Lennon seems to be making the most of the bodies he has kicking around a lot better. Griffiths and Simunovic both got themselves to fitness, so shifting to a front two and a back three, whether by longer term planning from Lennon, or as a response to the OF defeat, has definitely worked for now. 

15 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Lenny has really got this squad firing. As much as Rodgers was a very astute tactician and achieved astounding success at Celtic, this football we’re currently playing and this talented squad is a joy to watch.

I agree, Rodgers team was more controlled and tippy tappy sometimes predictable but hard to stop, Lennon's team is more off the cuff more chances first touch football.

20 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I feared the worst when Neil was given the gig full time but happy to hold my hands up and say it's looking like I was wrong with my predictions.  

4 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

It does feel a lot more ruthless of a side than Rodgers' was. His felt pretty set in a pattern, and he could change it if absolutely required. Lennon seems to be making the most of the bodies he has kicking around a lot better. Griffiths and Simunovic both got themselves to fitness, so shifting to a front two and a back three, whether by longer term planning from Lennon, or as a response to the OF defeat, has definitely worked for now. 

There was never many complaints about Rodgers tenure but at times we were rather slow in our build up which is probably why he rated 'sweeper keepers' so much.  Under Lennon we certainly appear to have more of an urgency about our play which, like you say, is shown by our ruthlessness.