Motherwell v Celtic

We were made to pay for not taking our chances in the first half and taught a lesson in the second half. Edouard has incredible quick feet and that free kick- ooft!

Quite liked the look of Aaron and was surprised when he went off rather than Hylton but Robinson said he hadn't played in two months and was cramping up.

As soon as they scored on the 8th minute that was that and only a question of how many. We didn't actually play too badly, indeed, we probably played alot worse against them 14 months ago on a Wednesday night at Fir Park and somehow escaped with a point that night, but tonight we weren't as fortunate as they were clinical when it mattered. The biggest concern for me is yet again how lightweight we are in the middle and how toothless we are up front.

8 minutes ago, MJC said:

indeed, we probably played alot worse against them 14 months ago on a Wednesday night at Fir Park and somehow escaped with a point that night, but tonight we weren't as fortunate as they were clinical when it mattered. 

Was thinking about this, Danny Johnson getting us a point, what are we like ?!

Celtic play lots of simple passes, 10 yards at a time, moving forward as they go, we play further apart from each other , each pass is longer with a greater risk of error, Celtic keep possession, we often lose it.

Smashing second half from us, when we turn up, we're untouchable.  Scoreline a little harsh on Motherwell as it certainly was an impressive performance from Well. 

If Edouard is still a Celtic player by the end of the summer transfer window, I'll be delighted but the reality is, he'll more likely be off.   If we asked for 25 million for Tierney... 

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This thread.  I can see why our big pal @MJCtakes the stance that he does.  His fellow Dossers seem very happy to adopt the brace position and  glad-hand themselves over a thorough reaming.

From what I've seen on this thread the consensus = played well in the first half, outclassed in the second.

Sorry if we're not releasing statements and claiming a referee/government plot to keep us from our rightful spot at the top of Scottish football.

This thread.  I can see why our big pal [mention=59475]MJC[/mention]takes the stance that he does.  His fellow Dossers seem very happy to adopt the brace position and  glad-hand themselves over a thorough reaming.
Sometimes you just need to accept when you've been beaten by a better team.

Would you rather we made up allegations of attempted murder against one of our players? Or put out a badly translated interview accusing an entire country of racism?

I actually quite enjoyed the first half, despite the feeling that we were playing too openly against Celtic. I thought Long and Aarons were decent for us up front, Hylton a bit out of his depth quite honestly. The first goal was reminiscent of the goals we tended to lose when we played better teams in Europe a few years back - getting caught in possession and being ruthlessly punished in a way that would unlikely have happened if we did it on a normal saturday afternoon. 

Second half was the perfect demonstration of the gulf that a few tens of millions of wage budget extra will buy you - we were unceremoniously pumped (and not in a good way) and there were no positives from our point of view.

I can't say it's been a fun couple of games - interested to see if we can lift it for the Cup on Saturday....

Hylton looked nervous from the start and snatched badly at an early shot but strangely had the beating of his man when he got going- just didn't look confident enough in what he was doing. Robinson went nuts at his second half back heel and I'm sure he would have been off if Aarons was match-fit. Hopefully he gets his confidence back in time for Saturday as he still looks better than Seedorf.

Despite the scoreline I thought the 'well gave Celtic a decent game.  Always looked to try and push forward but were out-gunned in the end, especially if Eddie is in that kind of form.  Not just a goal scorer but can glide past opponents with ease.  Not often a 4-0 scudding can be looked at as a proper contest.